Am i dreaming???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am i dreaming???

well its not exactly what i expected, but its worth of a post. I think.
    I bought 4 drives in hope of doing a 0+1 raid down the road, but for now, i just booted and to my amazement there it was.
    What do you think???
    Any thoughts? any GOOD memories???
    I only wish it was the 3.11. Than I would keep it.
    Ahh well.

Yes You are living in a dream world.... its called the MATRIX!
    TT Original

Comment

Somebody has to have the upgrade file(s) some where. You think?

:wave:
      :-(

Comment

I've got Windows 3.11 for workgroups if ya want to upgrade. ;)

Comment

for free??????????????????
          I'll take it than. hehe
          I dont think I could get tired of that classic. But it would be a shame to run it on a 1.3GHz duron. So I'll move it to the 200Mhz spare parts system.
          :cheers:

Comment

Just checked out some of the floppies in my desk drawer .... 6 disk set of Windows 3.1 and a 3 disk set of DOS 6.21. Seems to me that I've got MS Works (4.0?) around here somewhere ....
            Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

will 3.1 support networks???
              I know that 3.11 is made for "workgroups" so its networkable. Or can I just network this baby????

Comment

If I remember right, you need the Workgroups edition for networking. Before that I used to use a DOS based network app that I can't remember the name of at the moment.

Comment

nowell?? I hope thats not what you're thinking! :thumbs do from personal experience.

Comment

hahahahahahahaaha

win-xp -> win 3.11 network! :rofl:

i remember MS works.... what a classic program!
                    TT Original

Comment

Originally posted by Olie
                      hahahahahahahaaha
                      win-xp -> win 3.11 network! :rofl:
                      Aww, c'mon!
                      I just want to have it up for nestalgic (sp) reasons!
                      Hell I dont even remember using 95, so 3.1 would be like learing it from the beggining!!
                      all I remember is that you get C prompt and you have to type WIN to start the gui. :tears:
                      aww.

:idea:
                      Could I do that to win98??? and than run SETI command line client??????

Comment

I finally remembered the name of the network software from those days - Lantastic. Anybody remember that one? I also found that I still have a copy of Win95 on floppy disk. 29 disks plus the boot disk.This was a regular distribution from MS.

Comment

Just out of curiousity I looked up lantastic on Google. Guess what? It still exists (version 8.0) and from the looks of things it supports OSs from DOS up to NT 4.0 .... no mention of XP though. http://www.spartacom.com/products/lantastic.htm
                          Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

I'm amazed that Lantastic is still around with all of the networking support built into oses these days. The first network I ever setup was in a Video store between a 386 and a 486 using Lantastic. I liked the idea so much I set up a home network using it.

Comment

File Manager, those were the days:rolleyes:

I've worked on a couple of those systems - never had the pleasure of actually using one though.

Did learn about memmaker reinstalling 3.1:D
                              The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Working...
                              X