Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you do if you owned a company?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

G4..........Hell no. Scrap that idea straight off:eek:

Comment

Originally posted by The__tweaker
      Na.. i'd prefer 2 amd procs and 2 intel.. And also if we could throw in a G4 on top of that..

What do ya think of that Mr tweak?

Expensive...
      Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
      Managing Director
      Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Originally posted by rugbydude
        Ok how bout a motherboard that would link two graphics cards like the old voodoo's. Two 9800 pro's:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
        A company has already produced a Radeon 9700 card with 4 VPUs on it... :D
        Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
        Managing Director
        Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Dude can you get me one:D

Comment

If I owned corperate america, well I can't really,but I sure as hell know that I would pay people a salary that they can actualy live off of and afford to buy alienwares and falcons any time they wanted unlike some people. I would also make sure eveyone at the office had a 1 hr lunch break no matter what unless its something severe like 9/11. And lastly I would make sure everyone was properly trained and had everything well thought out like the proper sever equipment and networking technology so that they don't have to pull all-nightners just to get the printer to work on the network! :mad:
            :devil: :smokin: :devil win

Comment

Wow calm down there

Comment

Nope sounds good to me beefy. How bout a motherboard that allows two different processors running at one. One athlon one pentium. More power maybe:confused:
                To what end would you develop something like this? Why would you want to utilise two different chips (needing either two different chipsets, or one combined and expensive one) when havign two of the same chips is much more efficient and cost effective? Just because they are two different companies and both make good products, you wouldn't necessarily be getting the best of both worlds.. Chances are, a small part of the processing power of the PC would end up being used to convert from one instruction set type to another...

Comment

Originally posted by The__tweaker
                  I would probably spend mutch money on research to try and develope more effective cooling solutions as well as quiet tequinices on the same. Think about it, our systems keep getting faster and faster and sooner or later the standard method which is blowing cool air on a massive lump of metal just wont be enough to keep the temps down, copper or not..

This cooling soultions will always sell like crazy, not only to oc freaks but regular users as well who are sick n' tired of the +50dc noise comming from their +4ghz computer.

Something will have to change, and we are getting there really soon.. :2cents:

:cheers:
                  How would your idea differ from what current companies are trying to do now? Unless you've got an in-depth idea of hwo to go about it, then you'll probably be well behind the competition, who have had years of R&D to work on their products...

Comment

Ok how bout a motherboard that would link two graphics cards like the old voodoo's. Two 9800 pro's:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
                    Would you do this by incorporating two AGP slots, or by using a new and improved slot which GPU companies probably won't support? Instead of making a motherboard do all the work, you would be better off using existing MB technologies and making a better card.... Like Tweak said, companies have tried this too, but it's not a viable option.

Comment

G4..........Hell no. Scrap that idea straight off:eek:
                      Actually, the G4 + Intel / AMD idea is slightly better than the AMD + Intel idea. The G4 works on a different type of base, using different instructions and procedures to get things done. Instead of combining two chips that pretty do the same thing, you'd be adding a new element to the computer, allowing it to utilise the great potential the G4 chip actually has. Just because you don't like Macs, doesn't mean they aren't a great little machine. If they had the same support PC's had, I believe they would be a force to consider.

Comment

Originally posted by 0R1()N
                        If I owned corperate america, well I can't really,but I sure as hell know that I would pay people a salary that they can actualy live off of and afford to buy alienwares and falcons any time they wanted unlike some people. I would also make sure eveyone at the office had a 1 hr lunch break no matter what unless its something severe like 9/11. And lastly I would make sure everyone was properly trained and had everything well thought out like the proper sever equipment and networking technology so that they don't have to pull all-nightners just to get the printer to work on the network! :mad:
                        :devil: :smokin: :devil win
                        One question: Where does all the money come from to pay for wages / training / equipment? You'd need a hell of a good money making idea for that to happen.

Staff happiness has a big influence on business. If the staff are happy, in theory they will be more productive. If morale is up, so is efficiency. But it's trying to find the thin line where you can justify making the staff happy vs what you get back out of it. Companies don't normally spend excess money that could be spent on other things.

Also, employers always look to get the most out of staff, sometimes even beyond what they are humanly capable of.

Comment

Beefy stop crushing peoples hopes and dreams and go eat another cow :rofl:

Comment

:) Someone's gotta be realistic.. and I did warn them.

Comment

I can assure ya one thing Beefy, if you as a private person would like to make a name and maybe in the long run create a very profitable computer based company, cooling solutions is the way to go. Build a solution and take patent on it. R&D my ass, heat and how to get rid of it is all physics, what have those millions in R&D come up with yet? That copper is the way to go? Omfg what a breakthrough lol..

For example, we have just recently started to se heatpipes dammit! I had that thought over a year ago. Even though the market haven't really been needing them up until close, when all those "fast as hell aka hot as hell gpu's/cpu's" started to show up. Those chips cannot run cool enough unless ya use some big bad ass fan that requires ear plugs! It's all simple logic, and IT CAN BE DONE!

Do you honestly belive that we will be using simple air based cooling solutions for our high end machines in a couple of years from now?? lol go ahead but ya comp will smoke for sure.. ;)

:cheers:

OH NO BEEFY HAS ATTEMPTED TO OVERCLOCK AGAIN SOMEONE DIAL 911!!!

:laugh: :laugh:

Comment

The__Tweaker all i have to say is :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Comment

Working...
                                X