No announcement yet.

Need help making a "GET OUT" stick!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep... I've worked in the retail sector in one capacity or another for twenty odd years now and have seen more than a few who would not be pacified no matter what was said or done. I hate to say it but my patience has worn thin a few times.

Physical intimidation sometimes works to shut em up. Lately I've gotten to the point that if they become too demanding or think that they deserve the best of the best I simply ask them to "say please" and I'll see what I can do. Amazingly a lot of them will actually say "please" at this point! My approach is not something I would recommend or put up with from my staff (bad example that I am at times) but I have yet to lose a customer as a result.
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

I put up with driving public transport buses for over 20yrs till it blew 3 disks out of my back and against the spinal column (I drove all these bar 3 or 4 at sometime and 80% of them most of the time). For the last 6.5 of those years I was a revenue inspector (collector) also and some ppl still didn't wake up when bein' hit with 1 or 2 x $100aus fines (the second usually regarding their language) and we'll still wind up in court because that person thought that they were "God's gift to the world" till the Magistrate announced a fine 5 times as much plus court costs as well as STA costs (though one was dragged kickin' and screemin' to the cells abusin' the Magistrate and she reckoned that she was goin' to have the Magistrate's job. She got 30 days in gaol (jail for those from the US) added to her fines plus a recorded criminal conviction against her name). :D
      <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

It's amazing how much some people become wrapped up in their own self importance.

Comment

All the more reason to whack 'em with a "GET OUT" stick :thumb:

Comment

Have ya thought about obtainin' an old wooden baseball bat and usin' a real hot soldierin' iron to write what ya want on it? :?:
            <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Yeah, would definately do a bit more damage. Still, I reckon it'd be funnier to have the bat actually say "GET OUT" in an elmo vioce or something everytime they get hit. Can you imagine the look on their face :D :D

Comment

*waves bat around while it plays "STFU & GTFO"*

Comment

OK, I've been refraining from this but I can't contain it any longer.

I moved into a place once, decent apartment, a 2-story house.
                  My place consisted of the first floor and the basement. I moved my best friend & his family into the first floor and I took the basement.
                  anyhow, there was this stick I discovered in the overhead rafters after living there a couple of weeks.
                  This rascal was about 5 1/2 - 6 foot in length and about 7/8 inch diameter made of fiberglass or some similar composite.
                  Now me and my friend worked as laborers for a masonry outfit and had for some years, so we had muscles in our sh*t. It took about all we had, but we were able to grasp it with our hands about as far apart as they could go and press the 2 ends of the stick together.

By golly, that was the finest doggone stick I have ever seen anywhere ever.
                  The stick didn't talk much, but it would put a pop-knot on your noggin that you wouldn't ever forget, I tell you that

nearest we could figure, it was a hunk of a pole-vaulting pole
                  The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Ohh! A flexiable "GET OUT" stick!:laugh:

Comment

Working...
                    X