Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Competition: Free copy of ConMan valued @ $199

Hi Guys,
    Well... some of you may know me, some of you may not. I'm Mitch, good buddy to Cam (AKA Mr. Tweak - Owner of TweakTown.com) and owner of devArticles.com. Our site focuses on programming articles, etc, and I developed the "engine" to run both devArticles.com and tweaktown.com last year.

Since then, me and the team have had literally over 50 requests from people who want to use that engine to make a site for themselves. That got us thinking, and we decided to pile our resources together and create a commercial software applicaiton that allowed anyone to have their own content driven web site (similiar to tweaktown.com) up and running with a powerful WYSIWYG (frontpage-like) editing system in 5 minutes... the result is ConMan (CONtent MANager).

Here's a blurb for your enjoyment:

--- Start Product Info ---

"What is ConMan?
    ConMan is a complete content driven web site bundled with a secure, integrated web based WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) administration suite. ConMan is fully customisable and is powered by PHP and a powerful MySQL database.

Gone are the days of paying anywhere up to $20,000 for a web site. ConMan is just $199 USD and includes everything you need to run your own content driven web site your way:

- Add, edit and delete articles, tutorials, book reviews, tips and interviews.

- Change the way your entire site looks in just 2 minutes with our flexible templates.

- Use ConMan's poweful user system to control which users can do what: don't want anyone to be able to delete articles except for you? No problem!"

--- End Product Info ---

You can of course try an online demo and get more details at http://www.contentconcepts.com

ConMan v2.2 retails for $199 USD, but we've decided to team up with TweakTown.com to give one of its lucky forum subscribers their own copy, which they can use to start their own content driven web site, whether it be PC related, gaming related, web related, whatever... you can use ConMan to get your own site and make some nice $ from sponsorships, etc.

Anyhow, all you have to do to get ConMan is post AT LEAST 10 messages in the TweakTown forums and reply to this post telling us HOW and WHY you would use/want a copy of ConMan.

Both myself and Mr. Tweak will judge the winner, and on the 1st of June 2002 we will announce the winner and ship them the software on the same day. So what are you waiting for? Make those 10 posts and reply to this thread with your answer!!!

Get more info @ http://www.contentconcepts.com

hmm.. very nice....

well, I guess I'd better get 10 posts... .... done.

Well, if I happened to win that, I'd... I'd... I probably wouldn't use it. what's the point of starting another site like this? :) So don't give it to me...

Comment

And remember, pointless posts don't count.
      Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
      Managing Director
      Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Well that's me out.......:p

Comment

think that counts Most of us out, Moose:)

sounds like a good program, but, i wouldnt have any use for it....but i wouldnt mind if you decided to send me something else instead, something i would have more use for;) :D

Comment

Does conman have forum intergration with say VBull???

Comment

How and Why 'ey?

well hows kinda obvious aint it??? like posting 10 times in the forum. lol. im such a smart arse.

why, well i am kinda a web dev, and i also have a (crappy office job), but id really like to make some sorta site which could help the web dev community. since i dont have much time (i work 7 days a week) i really dont have the time, but a CMS like this would certainlly take the hard work outa it. plus would make managing it a hell of a lot easier, as a plus its using only php, mysql and javascript, which is a bonus, since i dont like asp (MS, what else can i say) and its easy to set up.

I just hope u guys pic me hehe ;)

I was always born to be a sucker heeh

Comment

WHY?: i want it cos its worth $199 US :D
                HOW?i would use it for my site, calles Tweak To.... oh damn... thats alredy taken :\..... Tweak Village, yes... thats the one, Tweak Village :D :rolleyes:
                TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

hey i think andy could be onto something there..Tweak Village, got a nice ring to it..can i help? we could make a whole.. er.. country? Tweakland or somethin...start off small..with tweak village, tweak cottage, etc
                  we could have our own tv shows...
                  tweak's backyard
                  Big Tweaker
                  backyard Tweak
                  we'll be famous!:D
                  Think i might run for this competition after all :p

:rolleyes: : peace:

Comment

win a website whoohooo i shud be so lucky
                    winning this would be about the only way i'll ever get a site built due to an extreme lack of short term memory lol also general stupidity on my part

Comment

I want it so that i can sell it and use the money to buy a better audio set-up ($400 AU would do nicely)

:rolleyes:
                      TT Original

Comment

i'll have it, so i can convince my boss to finally set up our company website. thats my how and why.

Comment

^ I'm with him. They need a decent web-front for their company. Give it to him.

Comment

Because a WSIWYG like that would speed up the development of our business managment website considerably... therefore resulting in A+'s for us...

Helping poor, starving students get A+? Is there any better reason?

Comment

back in my day we'd be asking for food to live, now you guys are asking for dev software... :D
                              Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
                              Managing Director
                              Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Working...
                              X