Ghost Town?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ghost Town?

Realtemp is what I have been using lately.....Waiting on Everest to pickup the slack, I like and prefer to use it but am getting more used to RealTemp now though. And I do like how it keeps track easily of high and low temp and times reached

Both Coretemp .99 and Realtemp 2.6-61(Actually all of the past versions have been correct as well) have same VID, everest and Older coretemp both show my VID as 1.0625, which I dont buy so I use New coretemp/realtemp while I wait for everest to catch up in programming

Comment

With Real Temp have you done the idle calibration? Also how are your sensors when you run the Real Temp sensor test?

I found that I needed to use -0.5 to more accurately reflect idle. I can't recall off hand my sensor movement, I'll check again tonight but I remember thinking at the time that the movement range was low.

I'm debating now whether to go to a P5Q Deluxe or a P5Q3, decisions decisions, lol
      E8600@ 4.25GHz~Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme~Foxconn Blackops~4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1625 at 1700MHz (8-8-8-24-2N) 1.916v~Asus 9800GTX~18x Pioneer 212 DL SATA DVD-RW~320GB WD SATAII~Antec True Power Trio 650W~Thermaltake Soprano~Vista Ultimate x64 SP2/Win7 RC1

Comment

Ya, I done the calibration at .75V *6 multi

Sensors move great, usually 9-11. Sometimes more or less, and sometimes larger gaps. but never a low number.

I do use a .5 on one core and -.5 on the other, but that is because there was a 5 or so difference and I didn't feel like a remount yet and wanted to keep them closer together

I think I may get a P45-DQ6 here sometime soon

Comment

E8600@ 4.25GHz~Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme~Foxconn Blackops~4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1625 at 1700MHz (8-8-8-24-2N) 1.916v~Asus 9800GTX~18x Pioneer 212 DL SATA DVD-RW~320GB WD SATAII~Antec True Power Trio 650W~Thermaltake Soprano~Vista Ultimate x64 SP2/Win7 RC1

Comment

Looks good!

So... You think I should try out the 8 Multi or do you think you like it because of your ram?

Comment

Memory and divider, also I can use the boards Clock Twister and Transaction Booster functions on higher settings with higher FSB straps.

Comment

I may just have to play with mine with 8

I have some decent mushkins, but not the Xp sets. I can do 1000 I think but with 555 timings, guess I should get off my arse and see which is better eh!

Comment

You haven't raised the FSB past 450MHz??

First thing I did was check for max FSB, I can post at 533MHz (E3110) but it crashes while loading Windows. Probably a setting I didn't look at.

Once I realised 500MHz was good to go I didn't bother trying to stabilize 533MHz but I keep seeing the P5Q hitting 600MHz FSB and I start drooling.

My Mrs is going away for a week shortly, might be an ideal oportunity to slip a purchase in, I think I'll go with the P5Q-Deluxe and use my 2GB of DDR2 1066 HyperX in it, my son can have the P5K and 4GB DDR2 800 HyperX, that way he'll only have to buy a new cpu and psu.
                  Last edited by ANZAC_ELITE; 06-19-2008, 09:18 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Yeah, I did a long time ago with my older 3075 Xeon I booted in and did some tests with it at 512 FSB.

but no, not with this CPU, I have not had much play time lately, been instaling water and trying to get some other things done online and at home

I guess I do need to play with the 8 Multi, when the time gets to me I will for sure. I really do think I need some newer better ram first though. But I do know this ram will do 1000, just not sure how stable it can be

Comment

oh hi
                      TT Original

Comment

WOW... first Slamo then Olie too. Glad to see you guys are still doing all right.

Olie - Are you still racing?
                        Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
                        My Toys

Comment

Working...
                        X