Your oldest computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:cheers:
    My first computer still resides with me an Apple 2 plus (or if you have ever seen one booted up Apple ][+ ). I got it when it was already out of date, the Apple ][e had just come out. Boy was I pissed when I found out I couldnt use it for anything but a message pad without a 5 1/4 diskdrive or tape deck to load the OS. Anybody here remember making single sided 5 1/4 floppies into double sided with a hole puncher? hell anybody remember 5 1/4 floppies? yeah I am getting old, 33 and still gaming but at least I can afford buy games and booze now. Speaking of which I off to enjoy the latter... later

Comment

:) I had to copy a heap of stuff from 5 1/4" disks to a HDD recently. I'm surprised that they still held their data. They hadn't been used for over 12 years.. :)

Comment

Done that myself a few months back except I just transfered them to 3.5" floppies then handed my m8 who still uses 8086's 120+ of them.
        <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Originally posted by daedalus
          Haha, what games did you have ?
          umm.. there are too many disks to work out which are games and which are just files :\
          TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

P75, 8mb of ram, 1MB video card, 4x Cd, 15" monitor
            and it vwas totally black, KB, mouse, case, monitor, the whole thing :lips:
            TT Original

Comment

Originally posted by gd2020
              My first computer still resides with me an Apple 2 plus (or if you have ever seen one booted up Apple ][+ ). I got it when it was already out of date, the Apple ][e had just come out. Boy was I pissed when I found out I couldnt use it for anything but a message pad without a 5 1/4 diskdrive or tape deck to load the OS. Anybody here remember making single sided 5 1/4 floppies into double sided with a hole puncher? hell anybody remember 5 1/4 floppies? yeah I am getting old, 33 and still gaming but at least I can afford buy games and booze now. Speaking of which I off to enjoy the latter... later :cheers:
              Hole puncher, scissors, exacto knife, razor blade all used to make 5 1/4 SS/DD diskettes into double sided ones on the C=64/Apple PCs.

Comment

oldest i've owned was a 386 with 4mb ram? might have been 8..cant remember..the ****ty monitor took like 15+ mins to warm up, it was f#%ked, the screen used to "roll"..and to get it workin u wait ages and then flick it off then on..lol...

Comment

Originally posted by Olie
                  P75, 8mb of ram, 1MB video card, 4x Cd, 15" monitor
                  and it vwas totally black, KB, mouse, case, monitor, the whole thing :lips:
                  Wow, what a beast...well, compared to a C64 anyway :D

Comment

It was teh beast of teh town at the time i bought it :)
                    TT Original

Comment

so was our dual-floppy drive XT when we got it.. doesn't mean i'm proud about it.. :)

Comment

About 6 months ago I threw out a 4.77Mhz 8088 PC that I found buried in the back of a cupboard, it had a turbo switch that brought it to 8Mhz, yippee.

Oh, it also had a 5 Meg hard drive and a CGA video card, and sported 640kb of RAM.

I bought that computer in 1982 and it cost me $5000.

That was my first computer, I learnt how to program in BASIC and learnt all of the DOS commands (including switches) off by heart.

Sorry guys, hope nobody wanted this computer, it served as a very large book-end for awhile but then I threw all my books out thus rendering the computer useless for anything else.

Comment

Geez robertku!!
                          That could have been the focal point of my computer museum.
                          The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

I still have a working C-64 and an Atari MegaST. The Atari ST is still great for midi editing and sequencing. Oldest one I remember having though is a Commodore Vic 20.

Scratch that.....I forgot...I still have a working Osborne military surplus with a 5' amber monitor. It will still boot and runs CPM. It is definitely useless.
                            Anybody besides me remember what CPM is?

Comment

Oldest Mac LCII 80 meg HD! My fav game was specter... that game was way ahead of its time as far as looking 3D.

386 with a 128 meg HD.

Oldest (slowest) still in use is a P200 lappy with 160 megs of ram. I bought it new a year ago.

Comment

Robert, you definatly threw away an antique... and if it was in good condition, possibly a very valulable antique...

Here is a similar system 3 years newer than yours that sold for 65$ plus 25 shipping. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=2023368609

Comment

Working...
                                X