MS Word or Google Docs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MS Word or Google Docs?

A friend of mine introduced me to the world of Google. Specifically Google Docs. I think it is a great tool for college students who don't want to bring a USB or email their docs forward to where they are working.

Not to mention Office 2007 and the incompatable .docx files. I know there is an easy save as 2003 format, and that USB flash disks aren't a pain, but is Google Docs the Future of documents?

I'm just wondering what you guys think and what you guys use. You can select more than one!
    I use Microsoft Office 2003.
    35.29%
    I use Microsoft Office 2007
    17.65%
    I use Wordperfect
    5.88%
    I use "other" online Documents Program
    5.88%
    I use Google Docs
    5.88%
    I use "other" PC or Mac based Documents Program
    11.76%
    I use Notepad
    17.65%
    Last edited by CColtManM; 03-13-2007, 01:31 PM.

Re: MS Word or Google Docs?

Google Docs is okay, but the entire world is heavily based on Office 97/2000/2003, and that won't change. As far as online programs go, I think it will get a huge following and probably do very well, but it will not replace locally-run office suites.

Office 2007 offers even less than Vista as an upgrade, so it will be at least a year before it has any market penetration.

At work and school, I use Office 2003 since it's what's installed. I always make sure my resume is good in Office 2003 as well.

For personal use, I use OpenOffice. It offers backwards compatibility with Office 2003 and older, but it has a few quirks and occasionally doesn't work right.

I also use Notepad extensively. Any HTML or batch work I do needs to be done in Notepad, and ASCII is much easier to work with in many applications, so I find myself working with it frequently for a variety of purposes.

Comment

Working...
    X