Exchange Student - Germany

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Acid
    The only other thing i'm a tad worried about are the neo nazis that are all over Germany.. i'm a jewish bloke and with a name like "Asher Moses", I might be a bit of a target :)

Can anyone shed some light on the matter? Which areas should I stay away from?
    Most of Germany is quite over that whole World War II thing..
    Chris "Raven"
    News Crew - TweakTown
    <!--
    <font size=1>
    <font color=green>Main Beast:</font>
    - Athlon XP 1800+@1701MHz | EPoX 8KHA+ | Corsair 512MB XMS3200C2 | GeForce3 Ti200
    - 2x80GB WD 7200RPM | 40x12x48 Sony CDRW | Pioneer 16X DVD
    - Swiftech MCX462+ / Tt Smart Case Fan 2 | Antec 1030SX case w/ 431W Enermax PSU
    </font>
    // -->
    "Look at life like your morning cup of coffee. You might have one every day, yet you still enjoy it."

How to ask a good question

Comment

They definitely are clued Albinus.
      Many countries - pointing the finger at the good old USA here - could learn a great amount about fighting terrorism from them as well.

If you are concerned about neo's then Italy is the place you want to avoid right now. They have some really wacked out types running amok there ATM.
      Germany on the other hand has some pretty strict laws concerning such activities.

While we are on the topic of Germany's Polizei - obey the law, and you will be 100% OK.

Disobey, and they can be rather harsh apprehending a person. I've seen them turn a dog loose on a fleeing badguy - took their sweet time calling fido off too.
      And from personal experience I tell you this right now, so listen close - those 9mm's they carry slung over their shoulder? OH YES, they ain't afraid to squeeze off a few rounds to get your attention -- works too:laugh:
      The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

They are even strict on road rage..... you can even be jailed for verbally abusing another driver - at the least a stiff fine :eek:
        What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. C
          They definitely are clued Albinus.
          Many countries - pointing the finger at the good old USA here - could learn a great amount about fighting terrorism from them as well.

If you are concerned about neo's then Italy is the place you want to avoid right now. They have some really wacked out types running amok there ATM.
          Germany on the other hand has some pretty strict laws concerning such activities.

While we are on the topic of Germany's Polizei - obey the law, and you will be 100% OK.

Disobey, and they can be rather harsh apprehending a person. I've seen them turn a dog loose on a fleeing badguy - took their sweet time calling fido off too.
          And from personal experience I tell you this right now, so listen close - those 9mm's they carry slung over their shoulder? OH YES, they ain't afraid to squeeze off a few rounds to get your attention -- works too:laugh:
          thanks for the scare :)

Comment

be serious guys.. i've seen too many documentaries on this stuff to ignore the fact that there are heaps of areas with neo nazis.

Comment

If you are paranoid about the far right - don't ever come to Queensland mate - you have more chance of being bashed here for being Jewish than you ever will in Germany.

Comment

Originally posted by Acid

thanks for the scare :)
                :laugh: You think you got a scare? I darn near wet myself LOL.
                I was bar-hopping (typical GI payday activity) with a couple other grunts.
                In the wee hour of the morning we elected to walk ourselves over to a different palace of refreshment.
                A few feet from the corner we were about to turn, one of the guys states he needs to go back up the street to acquire cigarettes.
                In Germany, they have conveniently placed cigarette machines hanging on the sides of buildings right along the sidewalk, for easy access to that vital commodity. So we went along without him, taking our sweet time, as there was no rush - we weren't possibly going to get much more intoxicated in just one night :D
                So directly, this fellow comes running up from behind, and we continue to amble on our merry way.

Wasn't but a moment later, we hear a car speeding up behind us, and slam on the brake. (No big thing, not worth turning to see, it's a street after all.)
                Immediately, we hear the door come open, and a burst of automatic weapon fire hits the ground directly in front of our feet.

As it turns out, this moron had torn the cigarette machine off the wall, got him a few packs along with all the DeutscheMark coin inside.
                Didn't take the authorities long to determine which one of us three suspects had a few extra pounds of change in his pockets.
                He got a free ride to the Polizei Station, and myself and the other innocent party were allowed to go on our way.

Thanks to my extensive military training, I was able to continue to the GastHaus without requiring a stop at the laundromat first:D

But, I never really was able to get back the level of intoxication which I had been enjoying prior to the incident:cry:

As for concerns about the Neo's -- I applaud you for being aware of your environment, that is crucial and commendable, even in your own hometown. But there is no point in living in fear, as that is unhealthy, and will serve to hinder you more than help you.
                Go, enjoy and tell us about all your wonderful experiences. I can't imagine you would regret the experience.
                I always loved the opportunity to go explore the old remains of castles that dot the landscape in parts of Europe - just get a backpack and some beer and make a day of it:thumb:
                The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

LOL.. ****e.. crazy germans :)

Comment

neo nazi's

get over it, saw 2 while i was there pretty stupid, skinny assed, looking.

no such thing as a school uniform dude :D
                    TT Original

Comment

They go to school naked!!!!!! :eek:

Comment

Originally posted by Wiggo's-sister
                        They go to school naked!!!!!! :eek:
                        lol, if that's the case.. i'm going there for sure! : peace:

Comment

Remember you would have to be also :?:

Comment

Originally posted by Wiggo's-sister
                            Remember you would have to be also :?:
                            so! i'm not ashamed of my sexuality :smokin:

Comment

I didn't say you were, I was just reminding you of the bear facts

Comment

Oh no..... not more bare/bear jokes

Comment

Working...
                                X