A whole bunch of em'..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A whole bunch of em'..

Well I noticed one of the resellers I do business with has plenty of FX cards availiable, they might have been around some time I haven't checked in a couple of month.. The availiable cards are these:

ASUS V9520/TD GEFORCE FX 5200 128MB TV-OUT AGP

ASUS V9520MAGIC GEFORCE FX 5200 128MB TV-OUT AGP

GAINWARD GEFORCE FX 5200 128MB PRO/660 TV-OUT

GAINWARD GEFORCE FX 5200 64MB PRO/660 DVI TV-OUT

INNO3D GEFORCE FX 5200 64MB DDR TV-OUT AGP8X

INNO3D GEFORCE FX 5800 128MB DDR2 TV-OUT AGP8X

Btw does the low budget FX cards support dx8..:?:

:cheers:

They're actually DX9 cards but the 5200 is very slow. If ya want a DX9 card though go with the Radeons as they're just creamin' nVIDIA's cards atm (a 9700P, these should be droppin' in price now, or a 9800P).

Comment

i used to promote the 9500P as being the "budget" direct X 9 card but with the 9600P coming out that should be the budget ATI card while the 9700P is the industrial card and 9800P is the kick-ass card, oh i guess this is a rumor but my friend at E.A. says a new game in development will only FULLY work with nVIDIA cards and we all know nVIDIA + EA + IBM + AMD are allies and i think Intel + Valve (makers of half-life 2) + ATI should form sort-of alliances, like World War 1 of computers !!!! hehe

Comment

I reckon that EA deal with Nvidia is a dirty way of exerting market power, also highlights are decline in Nvidia. Man why would all high and mighty Nvidia have to waste money doing dirty anti-competitive deals like that.

This is all a marketing gimic anyway cause with ATi increasing market share of the 3D graphics market EA would be down right stupid to not support ATi cards.

Yeah been checkin some online computer stores and the FX series has finally arrived. FX 5200 (non-Ultra) is selling for around $179, with such crap performance its shouldnt even be DirectX 9 compliant cause it won't run games using it at any decent frame rates. But the FX 5200 Ultra does outperform a Radeon 9000 Pro dunno bout the non-ultra though, might be a good buy. The FX 5600 Ultra is more expensive than Ti 4200, so not worth the buy as it doesnt overclock as well as the Ti4200.

:wave:

Comment

t00lb0x the R9500P still out performs the R9600P in most cases so if they're quick they should grab the R9500P over the R9600P if possible.

Comment

a local guy in my area just got some Asus 5800 ultras in over the weekend - he has 'em priced $50cdn higher than his pre-order price for a BBA R9800pro - although they do have the advantage of actually being in stock:rolleyes:

Comment

:D

Dunt worry the 9800 Pro will be in stores very soon. Pre-orders have already been done so you should see them pop-up.
              :thumb:

If only i had the money for one :grr:

Comment

well at some store (cant remember name) i saw them selling a 256mb ATI 9800P and a AIW 256 ATI 9800P, selling around $600 for AIW and $540 for regular (US prices) but is the 9500P faster than 9600P??? why is that isn't that kinda stupid?

Comment

Basically the R9500P is a detuned R9700P and that made it expensive to produce but by going to the 0.13 micron process plus removing half of the rendering pipelines cut costs (and performance) significantly but they did increase the clock speed to make up for some of those losses.

Comment

so can you turn a 9500P into a 9700P ???

Comment

RDR would be the best one to answer that as certain conditions must be met first.

Comment

:eek: :afro:

Nup can't convert a 9500Pro to a 9700Pro, it has a 128 bit memory bus so its not possible to convert it to 256 bit of the 9700Pro. Some early 9500 non-Pro boards came with 256 bit memory bus with half the pipelines not activated. Some people have been able to reactivate the pipelines and get a full 9700 board going.

:wow:

Comment

lucky them! :P

Comment

Working...
                          X