lines on my radeon 9500 pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lines on my radeon 9500 pro

Hi, could anyone tell me why my radeon 9500 pro would be giving my lines, by lines i mean when i move the mouse and shake the screen it fragments the picture. When i am still it looks fine.
    My specs are as follows.
    soyo dragon platinum- p4 2.53 @ 2.85, 1 gig 2700 memory, 9500pro w/ 3.2 catalyst drivers. (not hacked ones just the updated ones from ati)
    thanks jason
    remember to always shoot hippies.
    :shoot3: : peace:

Well when you shake monitors that happens.........:laugh: In other words leave ure monitor alone and there aint anything wrong with ya card:laugh:

Comment

define "shake monitor"
      and try to change your refresh rate you might be getting arround the max tolerance for your monitor.
      btw is it crt/lcd/plasma what kind of monitor.

Comment

I had a similar probably with my 9500 pro. I had very thin lines scrolling up the screen. This was all the time not just when I moved the mouse though. I just went to the graphics card properties and upped the resolution and knocked the refresh rate of the monitor up and it worked fine. No more lines. Try that and see if it helps.

Comment

Have you overclocked your graphics card? It could also be a problem with Vsync when does this only occur during games?

Also have a look here - http://forums.tweaktown.com/showthre...&threadid=9766 this guys sounds like he had a similar problemo!

Hope that helps Ta Ta

Comment

by shake i mean that while i am playing a first person shooter game i will move the mouse left to right and this will cause the lines to appear. I've tried changing my refresh rate but it doesn't have an effect.

Comment

And i do not have it overclocked. I do however have the newer 3.2 catalyst drivers, and the 3.1 cataylst control panel. my resolution is 1024-786 (i believe, i'm at school right now not at home) and my refresh rate is 85.

Comment

i belive that the lines you are talking about is called ripping.
                does it happen in all ov your games or just a few.

Comment

it happens in all my games!

Comment

Have you tried your computer with another video card. It might be a monitor refresh problem.:rolleyes:

Comment

Okay sorry that thiers not much constructive advice goin on but all i can suggest is borrowing someone elses monitor to see if it has the same card. Does this problem still occure?

ta ta :?:

Comment

is it even possible to O/C an ati? but about the lines, all i get is like "small waves" moving up the screen...but thats becsaue my montor has bad refresh rates....meaning its cheap. but atleast its a sony

Comment

:afro:

Yeah, you can overclock ATi cards, but you will need to flash the bios. Quite an easy procedure, just need to follow instructions step by step. Radeon 9500 Pro overclock very nicely =P, overclocked mine to 360/305, performs on par wif a 9700 Pro. :devil win

Comment

Its got to be the refresh rate - try looking on the manufacturers site for advice about what level it should be set at. If its nothing else you must just have a crap monitor. :thumbs do ah well! Lifes a ***** and then you die!

ta ta

Comment

where can i find the things to flash/update the video card?

Comment

Working...
                              X