ATI cards image quality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATI cards image quality

I read some test in Tomshardware.com about the 9700 Pro cards and they also tested the image quality. There was ATI´s, Crucial, Gihabyte, Hercules, HIS and Sapphire cards in the test. The best image quality was in the Sapphire and HIS cards, but can you really see the difference? Is the image quality better on those 9700 cards than my current 7500 card. This 7500 image is quite sharp! :?:

:bounce:

Depends, 2D quality will be pretty much the same as ATi have had really good quality in this area for years, but they have made a few improvements such as low quality movie playback. Watchin DivX on the R300 core is a dream.

In the 3D department ATi have made leaps and bounds with image quality, they're Anti-Liansing and Ansitropic Filtering algorithms offer the best image quality and performance around.
    :idea:

Comment

and if you look at the processor a lot of cards are using the radeon graphics processor anyway so you are looking at virtually the same card exept for support.

Comment

Yea, I meant the 2D quality. I allready knew that the 3D quality is much better than nVidia´s cards. :thumb: ;)

THX

PS. For Nightstalker: The image quality of those R300 based cards IS NOT THE SAME!!! It depends mostly of the components used in the card. Usually only the core is same in all cards.

Comment

if you re-read my comment i clearly stated that they are VIRTUALLY the same. + if you think that ATI/HURCULES/NVIDIA ect. manufacture every component in their cards you are sadly mistaken. take a look at any graphics card and you will plainly see that the components are manufactured by different companys for use by the end builder. "note the company names on the individual components" they just have to meet the manufacurers specifications for that certain product. the graphics card companys only set the guidelines for their gpu's and the manufacturer has to meet those guidelines or the company wont offer support for that hardware.

Comment

Oh, my mistake. :rolleyes: I thought the GPU´s are all the same! :cool:

PS. I think I just said on my last post, that the manufacturers uses different kind of components on their products. :rolleyes: : omg:

Comment

Originally posted by Tomi_s
              Oh, my mistake. :rolleyes: I thought the GPU´s are all the same! :cool:

PS. I think I just said on my last post, that the manufacturers uses different kind of components on their products. :rolleyes: : omg:
              No no Tomi, don't ya get it..:?: Your card suck!! Get a new one! And send that piece of **** to me.. ;) ;)

:laugh:

:cheers:

Comment

different kinds of comp. no different manufacturers of comp. yes.
                just as ford has ford\lincoln\mercury you can still get VIRTUALLY the same car from all three the tech industry has different manuf.for their components. that is the result of supply and demand.

Comment

Ok, what ever... :rolleyes: :D :D

Comment

Working...
                  X