Radeon 9800 Pro vs Geforce FX 5800 Ultra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radeon 9800 Pro vs Geforce FX 5800 Ultra

Hmm wat to buy, wat to buy...I just bought myself a Radeon 9800 Pro but I still might have some regrets. I USED to be a true blue nvidia fan:kay: but Nvidia's quality has dropped to much and its price has gone to ^ ...well anyway ATI comes out alot higher in Overclocking, Benchmarks, and stability. People tell me if i made a mistake

Don't worry, u r not making any mistake by getting that Radeon 9800 Pro. ATI's cards are known for image quality and trust me, it's true. I used to own a GF4 Ti4600, and I wasn't please with image quality. Plus, with ATI's card, you can turn on AA and AF and still play today's 3D games at a high frame rate. I currently own a Radeon 9700 Pro, and i overclocked it to 365 core and 330DDR or 660 memory. Well, have fun with your new card.

Comment

i think u did the wrong thing, not once in my life (20 years, and 10 of it on the pc) have i ever gotten an ati POS to work right, mind you i might actualy get a 9800 or 9900 ati just because there new driver are ALOT better, as for image quality, i think it all depends on the pc, card and monitormy ti4200 on ym trinitron 21" looks better then my ati 9500pro on a 19" trinitron same resolution and everything...im still gona get a GF FX(i actualy like the sonic whir the fan makes, sounds like a jet engine spooling up) only cuz my new 'rig is watercooled, and way too quiet...anyway good choice eather way...both great cards...

Comment

WoW oh WoW 9800 pro that is a *****IN card right there, the 9800p stomps any nVIDIA card out :P

Comment

:thumb:

Damn good choice, the FX 5800 Ultra is a failure, even Nvidia knows it, inorder to get it to perform better than the Radeon 9700 Pro they had to overclock it heaps, ie. the vacuum cleaner they put on it and the low yeilds that has lead the cronic shortage in supply. Basically have to wait for the new NV35, and hopefully they don't screw that up, as more competition means better prices for us consumers.

I have a Radeon 9500 Pro, works like a dream, used to be Nvidia user for many years, but you don't by a card on a brand you buy it on its merits. And if ur gettin better image quality on a Geforce 4 Ti you havent heard of Anti-liansing. Turn it up and you shall see why the Radeon 9500/9700/9800 series has been such a success.

Comment

Yep the R9800P is the way to go if ya top end performance (I wonder how one would go in my XP2600+ rig) and can afford the entry price.

Comment

Working...
            X