PNY ti4600

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PNY ti4600

Hey, can anybody help me out? I bought a PNY gforce ti 4600 card. I have an asus p4b533-e M-Board. messing around on the net or apps i'm just fine, i try to play any 3d games and the video goes out, like it breaks down slowley and eventually lockes up my system. I have tryed the drivers the card came with and new ones from nvidia no luck. I had a ATI Radeon 9000 pro and had no problems. any help would be great before i take the card back.

http://forums.tweaktown.com/showthre...236#post142236

Comment

after messing around with the drivers and nothing worked, I did a few of the suggestions that were given, oh thanks for the help, however nothing worked. come to find out the drivers were fine, the heatsink on the GPU fell off, obviously the processor was overheating, I put it back on and everything works great now, i did several tests with 3dmark etc, great card, just got to make sure your heatsink doesn't fall off. again thank for the help.

Comment

??????
        :confused: :thumb: :confused:

Comment

Wow, i wonder how the hell it fell of :confused: :confused:
          Congrats on solving the problem though :thumb: :cheers:

Comment

what is 3DMark? Does it cost money to attain a copy of it?

Chaos, the newbie, needs answers

Comment

Message to Chaos. In case you haven't already gotten 3dmark, just type 3dmark03 the newest version i know of and you should find it, free download..

Comment

3dmark is a free graphics benchmarking app from futuremark.com . 3d mark 2001 is a widely used benchmark for DX8, and 3dmark 2003 is a newer benchmark designed to test DX9 performance on ur system. Although they are both free, they are also large downloads, about 30 and 120 MB respectively which really sucks if uve got a 56k modem like me Futuremark also has various other system benchmarks available on their site to test other components of ur system :thumb:

Comment

When answerin' a thread use the Post Reply button and not the New Thread one as this makes 3 threads that I've had to merge for ya tpdoff just for this one subject. :rolleyes2

Comment

Awesome!!!!:D

As soon as my new system is built, I will download it. However, I too got a 56er. Soon I will get a tower thing hook-up.

Are there any other benchmarks out there? Any good utilities to check out my system? How about a firewall and anti-virus program?

Chaos

Comment

Sisoft Sandra 2003 is a great utility to find out about ur system, it also has benchmarks for ur cpu, hdd, memory, mobo, maybe a few others. I don't remember the site off hand, just try a google search for it. Its a very useful tool :thumb:

Comment

I downloaded a video of what happens to a system when you take the heat sink off and the description you gave matches what happened on the vid - good job you didn't have a crap prossessor because the ones on the vid broke then burnt out - the finally was an old pentium bursting into flame whilst it struggeled to handle quake three :laugh:

Watch out incase the heatsink has fallen off again its could really screw up your system especially if it lands on somet cause there not exactly light!

ah well ta ta

Comment

Several PC and PC Gaming magazines have 3DMark2001SE and more recently 3DMark03 on their cover CD's, but check before you buy.

Comment

appearently PNY built the heatsink to be removed easly for cleaning. Will pay close attention to it, I shut the computer down and shook it alittle to see if it fell off, all is well for now. I have ready many reviews on this card and nobody yet has had that problem, I will post a review later about that just in case, don't need any fires or fried computers because of it. other then that love the card.

Comment

Working...
                            X