help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help?

Ok im getting a new vid caed real soon and im thinking of buying the radeon 9000 pro 128mb. Is this a good card or should i think about buying a different one?

ps. I dont want a 3d card that cost as much as the 9700 pro

It's pretty good, but why not just go with a Geforce 4 ti4200-4600? :afro:

You should just stick with the 4200, it's a good deal, and will most likely outperform your 9000

Comment

Yes the Ti4200 board will beat out the Radeon 9000 board, but they're in two different categories really. But if you can afford a Ti4200 board, then you might want to look into the Radeon 9500 Pro instead. It will outperform the Ti4200 board and is already capab;e of handling those DirectX 9 chores that will be coming down the like sometime in the near future. Prices of these boards are generally only about $20 or so higher then the nVidia based one so it is even in the same price range.
      Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
      My Toys

Comment

Originally posted by [size=6
        witechoclet[/size]]
        Ok im getting a new vid caed real soon and im thinking of buying the radeon 9000 pro 128mb. Is this a good card or should i think about buying a different one?

ps. I dont want a 3d card that cost as much as the 9700 pro
        If the R9K Pro suits your budget then go for it as it's a good one and certainly much better than the GF4 MX's at the same price that only support DX7.1.

Comment

Working...
        X