Radeon 9700 or 9700 pro for best pp value

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radeon 9700 or 9700 pro for best pp value

i'll buy either a 9700 ATI or 9700 pro with some power color brand. 9700 costs around 230 max and 9700 pro is 230 as well for this brand.
    I've read that 99% radeon 9700s can be o'clocked to pros since they use same nanosec rams and the same r300 gpus.
    I am more inclined towards 9700 as of this moment.
    any comments???

peace on earth
    stop this

:snip:
    lets all get :group:

:p

If you can get a Pro for the similar price of a non-Pro of course get the Pro. Yes, the non-Pro can be overclocked to Pro speeds but it requires flushing the bios, and also if you get a Pro you can overclock further and get 9800 speeds :wow:

Comment

Just something to think about here...

Have you taken a look at the necessary steps in making the Pro model? You have to remove a protective plate (hoping that you don't trash anything underneath during the removal step) and then you'll have to be good with a soldering iron.
      Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
      My Toys

Comment

wow
        i only thought that i would use powerstrip and ta taa
        well i'll get the powercolor then
        by the way any online stores shopping 2 europe with decent prices?
        i have to buy a 9700, xms pc2700rams, and a HSF (slk900) so if there is any chance some store sells 2 or 3 of these online please let me know.
        let : peace2: reign on earth

Comment

I was looking at doing the same thing a few weeks ago when I was planning on upgrading my sys. I got lucky as hell and picked up a Radeon 9700 Pro for $239 @ Best Buy, of all places, just because the box was opened.:D It is worth the extra loot to buy the Pro, however, when ATI release the 9800 256 soon it should drop the price of the 9700 Pro significantly. :o So if you can hold out, wait to see what the 9800 256 does to the market price. The 9800 should force a correction in the market, IN YOUR FAVOR!!!:devil win

-Hawks:cheers:

Comment

$239 for Radeon 9700 Pro
            :thumb:
            thats some good **** ~
            A Geforce 4 ti cost around the same, 50 % more performance for the same price now thats a deal.
            :wow:

Comment

Bro,

Kenny, I hit the jackpot.... w/o a doubt.: peace2: 9700 Pro's cost should drop soon too because 9800 256 should be hitting the market soon.... Now that's a vid card.

-Hawks:cheers:

Comment

thanks, i'll buy it this summer then after my finals are over so i can wait.
                i only wanted to buy it now cos i saw the Hercules Prophet 9800 commercial on tweaktown and thought that 9800 was being sold so didn't expect a further fall in prices

Comment

Working...
                X