Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ati Overclock

Ciao,
    I would like to overclock a little bit my Sapphire ATI Radeon 9700 atlantis pro....

I am newbie so I would like to know the easiest way to do it...
    Program to use.... where to find it... ecc.

Also would like to have a better cooling sistem on it... (not liquid one..) where to find it?

THK
    Mayo:cool:

The best program that I have found so far to overclock the ATI boards is called PowerStrip. It can be found here.

As to a new cooler, there has been a lot of promise shown with the new variety of Heatpipe coolers that are hitting the streets. They cool effectively and they are also completely silent since there is no fan used. It is also the same cooling solution used on the Ultimate Edition of the Sapphire board you use. It is made by Zalman and is available at a large number of online stores. Just make sure to pick up some RAM sinks to go with it for any uncovered modules you will have after removing the factory cooler.

Good luck. :D
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

;)
      THK... but do I have to change Bios... I hope NO.... too afraid to do it... but somewhere I read I have to do it???!!!

Comment

Well you can always up the agp voltage by small incraments. that'll help a bit but the best would be powerstrip by far the best overclocking utility available for graphics cards.:thumb:

Comment

No, the PowerStrip utility does not require any BIOS adjustments.
          My Toys

Comment

Nice Program!:D A lot easier to use than Riva Tuner, with out a doubt:cheers: It brought my 3DMARK2001 scores up a little. Thanks.

-Hawks

Comment

Nice setup Hawks. :D

You should be able to get a bit more out of the memory though. On my Sapphire card and passive cooling I was able to get 350MHz on the DDR (700MHz effective) with no problems. Just some food for thought. ;)
              My Toys

Comment

The best program that I have found so far to overclock the ATI boards is called PowerStrip. It can be found here.
                can you overclock eith the demo version or do ya have to buy in order to overclock with this?

Comment

The free download will do the trick.

Comment

THK for help , I will try what to do....
                    and for ram what do You usually do for overclock... I have DDR333.. do I need to do it , isn't it!?

Comment

Thx Darth,

I have jumped my memory up a little and I get that ambient pixel distortions in UT2K3? It's kind of like random pixels flashing in the background, kind of like snow? So I had to back it off a notch? Any suggestions? My Bios settings are such: VCore-1.550, FSB 170mhz w/18 multiplier, AGP Volt-1.5, DDR Volt-2.6. I upped the AGP to 1.6 and I had distortion problems at desktop? Could it be my drivers holding me back? Hmm...

Oh and Mayo, If I'm correct, your Ram is automatically overclocked when you OC your CPU, at least on my Bios. When I increased my FSB, my Ram mhz would also go up automatically, and that's why I bought such great Ram. :laugh:

-Hawks

Comment

Working...
                      X