Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driver problems w/ radeon 9500

Hello guys!

I have question? Has anyone experienced or know of any driver problems concerning the Radeon 9500. I was thinking of buying one and was just doing a little homework. I think I should get this v-card, not the geForce ti 4200, right? But anyways if you think that I should get a different card or know of any driver problems, post a reply. I really need to know.

Eternal and Awesome Chaos

Originally posted by Chaos
    Hello guys!

I have question? Has anyone experienced or know of any driver problems concerning the Radeon 9500. I was thinking of buying one and was just doing a little homework. I think I should get this v-card, not the geForce ti 4200, right? But anyways if you think that I should get a different card or know of any driver problems, post a reply. I really need to know.

Eternal and Awesome Chaos
    I recently bought a Radeon 9500 pro. It now has its very own place ontop of a shelf becuase it seems to be incompatable with a popular game like GTA3.. :thumbs do . Games and GeForce cards seem to get along better in my opinion, but if thats not your thing get the pretty red video card instead.

Comment

I bought a HIS Radeon 9500 Pro a month ago and i've had no issues with it. THe drivers for it are good, ati drivers are as good if not better than nvidia drivers these days. GTA 3 works fine with catalyst 3.2 drivers~

They also seem to be alot more keen on driver updates than nvidia these days they release new drivers every month. Drivers are no longer a issue for buying a ati card now. Actually its funny to see nvidia release crap drivers for its new 5200 and 5600 cards. Much like when ati released the radeon 8500.

:cheers:

Comment

Onebadass how can u judge a card on the performance of one game??Your just going to leave a great card like that on the side??At least sell it to someone else so they can enjoy what a great card it is.
        Now where was i oh yes i was just about to recommend the 9500 over the 4200. If your into gameing the extra dirext x9.0 support on the 9500 will help plus if you get the right model you can soft mod it to perform like a 9700:thumb:

Comment

I have a 9700pro (same GPU as a 9500pro) & I've had absolutely zero driver related problems

ATi drivers are a little different to install than nVidia drivers - in my experience, the majority of people with driver issues haven't followed the correct procedure when installing the drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by kenny83

I bought a HIS Radeon 9500 Pro a month ago and i've had no issues with it. THe drivers for it are good, ati drivers are as good if not better than nvidia drivers these days. GTA 3 works fine with catalyst 3.2 drivers~

They also seem to be alot more keen on driver updates than nvidia these days they release new drivers every month. Drivers are no longer a issue for buying a ati card now. Actually its funny to see nvidia release crap drivers for its new 5200 and 5600 cards. Much like when ati released the radeon 8500.

:cheers:

How did you get your Radeon 9500pro to work with GTA3?:drool:

I've been tring for over a week with no success. I have the latest drivers and after about seven minutes into the game things go drastically wrong. Long Triangular bars start to appear everywhere in the game. I've tried everything I could think of and many things that others suggested from multiple forums, and the only thing that worked was replacing the video card with one from another computer.:(

Comment

Hey Guys,

Thanx for your input on the dirver issue. You have sold me on this card. I definately will get an ATI radeon 9500 card. But....which company should I buy it from to really soup it up!? Also one other thing...which motherboard do you recommend for this card that is compatible with a Pentium 4 2.4 ghz 533FSB, and 333mhz DDR ram? Thanx for your reply.

Reigning CHAOS

By the way...vote if you have had ATI driver problems.

Comment

The hurcules cards are usually the best for overclocking etc and i would go for a granite bay chipset for the set up:thumb:

Reigning king of rugby=The mighty Rugbydude:laugh:

Comment

I just bought a Radeon 9500 with 128 MB DDR. My problem is installing it. I inserted the card into the video slot and the connected the extra power supply cord from the card to the power supply.

The problem is that the computer wouldn't turn on ... I don't know why it wouldn't turn on, we figured it was the power supply. But I threw the old TNT2 back in and it started right up. I am going to put a new power supply in and hopefully that is the only problem.

BTW: I am running a (needs to be upgraded) Compaq 700mhz, 320 mb sdram, TNT2 32mb. I really need to get this beast upgraded.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

whats the mobo in that compaq? its possible it doesn't support 4x or 8x AGP, and i dont think the R9500 can run at 2x :confused:

Comment

It is also very possible, that your compaq motherboard simply cannot supply that kind of voltage to the AGP slot. Despite what AGP slot rating it has, compaq is the lowest on the totem pole for home PC hardware quality. Tied for last place with Gateway (IMO).

Comment

Zeradul.......what company does the best in selling computers to home PCs? Where did you get your info?

Chaos

Comment

Sounds like lack of power, whats ur power supply? >..ie. how many watts?..or AGP voltage aint high enough?.
                          If your power supply is less than 300 W try gettin a new powersupply

Comment

Zeradul.......what company does the best in selling computers to home PCs? Where did you get your info?
                            Not only is it my personal opinion, but I site Consumer Reports as a source. Consumer Reports always ranks Dell at or very near the top, Other good consistant brands are Sony and Toshiba. Another great thing about Consumer Reports is that all Libraries have them, and you can go use them for free.

They look at all aspects, support, quality, etc.

If I was buying PC's (that I couldn't build) I would definately buy Dell. If I was buying a laptop today it would either be a Dell or a Toshiba.

Consider This: Dell is the only PC company in the world who has continued to increase market share over the past 2 years, DESPITE a shrinking market. So despite buyers decreasing the amount they buy, Dell has increased the number of people buying from them. So not only are they keeping their repeat buyers, but they are swallowing up buyers who are fed up with their garbage Gateways, Compaqs, IBM's etc.

Comment

Also remember, that if you are interested and capable of building your own PC, you can go that route and get a much better overall computer with the exact options you want, for a better price. But you gotta be ready to trouble shoot it, thats one thing you don't get (and don't pay for) is tech supprt.

But that is what this forum is for, we help each other troubleshoot problems, purely out of mutual interest.

Comment

Working...
                              X