Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video Unstable With Games

Hello,
    First off thank you for taking time to read my post, hopefully you can help me. Secondly my problem: I have a Nvidia Geforce 4 ti 4200 64mb. I am an avid gamer, in the past few weeks my video card has been skipping around the FPS in ALL of my pc games. For instance in counter-strike, I used to get 60.0 FPS but now it starts at 60.0 FPS and when i move or people come into my view it drops to 30.0 FPS and lower. Same thing in Battlefield:1942. I am positive i have all of the correct drivers installed. I have rolled back drivers, installed new ones, installed leaked ones, and now i am using the latetst one off of nvidia.com. If anyone can do anything for me it would be greatly appreciated.
    Fellow Gamer In Need of Help,
    Matt

My System:
    Pentium 4 2.0 GHz
    Windows XP
    512 MB
    Nvidia Geforce 4 ti 4200 64mb
    Sound Blaster Audigy 2
    My Monitor is a Flat Panel Dell

Since it is happening to all of your games, it sounds like you may have something ugly running in the background. When it starts to get real bad, you might try ALT-TABing out of the game real fast and bring up the Task Manager. Hopefully you'll be able to spot whatever is sucking the life out of your system and take care of business from there.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

thanx but i have takenb everything but my system trat off the runnning -programs thing

Comment

Since it is a newly occurring problem, pull the vid card and reseat it. While it is out though, clean and inspect the hsf on the card (and don't spin the fan with canned air). Also look at the hsf on the cpu, clean as necessary.

Comment

In Counter-Strike, find the config.cfg file in your cstrike/HL folder and add the following command:

gl_d3dflip 1

This corrects the problem in the game in which, as the Readme puts it, "Direct3D Input Seems Lagged." It helped me with D3D, and gave me a performance boost on OpenGL too.

Comment

I'm having this same problem with Unreal2, anyone know of a fix for this game?

Comment

Working...
            X