X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radeon 7500 - Troubles !

Greets Guys,

Been looking through this great forum - definately a keeper :D

I recently bought a Radeon 7500 instead of my All-in-wonder 128.

I Like ATI because Games is not the main reason to use the computer (guess movies is....;) )

My problem is as follows:

I have no problems connecting the videocard to my tv - or even get the XP desktop to show. Works fine - but when I play a movie the troubles start! I can see the windows media player without problems - I can even hear the sound on my TV - but the screen is Black! - no picture at all - when I minimize the player - I can see the desktop again around the MP but no movie. On my Computer monitor the movies plays as normal. I tried PowerDVD as well but with the same result!

what can be the problem? there was no problem when I used my old ATI card. Is it some sort of macrovision for avi files?

Mmmmm............
    You still havn't got an answer though I do know that RDR would probably be your best bet but have you tried the latest available drivers? :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

I actually found out the answer myself - I needed to make the TV the primary screen - then it was the monitor who went black (but again only when playing movies) - its really strange - but who am I to complain - the bugger works now!

Thanks Wiggo, for not making me feel so alone - oh, cheers m8.....

Comment

Originally posted by Wiggo
        Mmmmm............
        You still havn't got an answer though I do know that RDR would probably be your best bet but have you tried the latest available drivers? :smokin:
        <center>:cheers:</center>
        Sorry, I know a bit about Radeon's because I've had a couple - but I've never used TV-out. I have a stand alone DVD from my big-screen :D - and my 21" monitor is big enough for gaming.

Gald to see you've solved it on your own

Whenever I have a Radeon related problem - I try the www.Rage3d.com forums - some very knowedgeable people there, especially WRT registry settings and drivers

all the latest drivers are available there too - certified and beta

Comment

Thanks for the link - great stuff.

Maybe you can tell me why 3DMark hang up the pc when I run it after changing to Radeon?

Comment

Originally posted by WebLock
            Maybe you can tell me why 3DMark hang up the pc when I run it after changing to Radeon?
            I would try a thorough registry cleaning- or even better a fresh Windows install.

What drivers are you using? are they certified or beta?
            Some betas are Radeon8500 only, some are just very buggy.
            What were the last drivers you used?

Check the zformats in your registry, if the value is "11" - that could be the problem (some beta drivers will set it to/leave it at 11) 11 has no 8 bit stencil buffer.
            Change the value to "7" or "15" - if you use 15, the next time you run 3DMark2k1 - it may default to a 32bit z, rather than 24 (resulting in a lower score).

While you're in your registry - make sure the values for TableFogEnable, WFogEnable and ZFogEnable are all "1"

Comment

Working...
            X