• "Powered by ATI" or "Built by ATI" ?

"Powered by ATI" or "Built by ATI" ?
    Which do you prefer ? And why !?
    "Powered by ATI"
    0%
    "Built by ATI"
    0%
    SPAM Special Ops

I think "Powered by" sounds better, for no particular reason.
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

I prefer the "Powered By" since it allows other manufacturers to add in extra goodies to set themselves apart from the masses. This can sometimes be very beneficial to the end user. ;)
      Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
      My Toys

Comment

I'd have to agree with Darthtanion, I think the 3rd party cards are better...usually...

Comment

Could swing both ways. Powered by cards can often have lower clock speeds so check out the specs first.:thumb:

Comment

I was thinking "Built by ATI" for the added stabilty and clock speeds.
            But "Powered by ATI" can offer better cooling solutions and added features.
            What about driver support / compatibilty ?
            SPAM Special Ops

Comment

There aren't any driver support issues since the third party manufacturers still have to abide by the ATI standards. This ensures that standard drivers will work fine for these cards.
              Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
              My Toys

Comment

Really ? But that would make sense..!?!?!
                I guess I'd buy a 3rd party card for the extra cooling that is often found on these cards, but after my PowerColor card, I'm not so sure...
                SPAM Special Ops

Comment

I think it comes down to which PBA card maker we're talking about...I might take a Visiontek, MSI or Hercules card over an ATi BBA...but not a Joytech, Sapphire or Powercolor

Comment

I am tempted...A nice big heatsink+fan sounds good. But I still have reservations...I'm gonna have to think about this one...:steam:
                    SPAM Special Ops

Comment

Working...
                    X