GeForce4 Ti4200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GeForce4 Ti4200

OK...I need some serious help. I have an MSI GeForce4 Ti4200 64MB 4x AGP card. I was experiencing a lot of problems with it. I was getting very low frame rates (as low as 8-10) on games such as Medal of Honor and Half-Life. Eventually, I stumbled across NVMax, the tweaking utility. With it, I turned off all of my anti-aliasing, anisotropic filtering, and v-sync, as well as lowered the mip-mapping and overclocked the memory by 100 MHz (still have adequate cooling.) I even went into the BIOS to ensure that it was running at AGP 4x and I adjusted AGP aparture to 256MB, turned off shadowing, etc. I still only saw a frame rate increase of 4 fps!!! Can anyone help me?

Specs:
    AMD Athlon XP 1800
    ASUS A7N266-VM motherboard
    512 MB PC 2100 DDR SDRAM
    40 GB Maxtor Drive
    Windows 98 SE
    (Video Card Listed Above)
    15" CRT Monitor (85 Hz Refresh, but that shouldn't make a difference as I turned v-sync off)

Well can you first tell us what drivers you are useing. Some of them aren't too good. Also changing the game settings will help performance:thumb: Why not check out www.pcpitstop.com and test your system for problems:cheers:

Comment

I only have version 30.82 Detonator WHQL drivers (the newer ones aren't compatible with NVMax.

Comment

Another thing, on games like Medal of Honor, I have all decals turned off, effect, model and environment detail turned to their lowest levels, and the LOD turned all the way down. I even run my games in 800x600x16 bit mode, and still nothing...

Comment

Try upgradeing to a 4*.** driver and useing Powerstrip to overclock:D

Comment

I have just bought a asus ti4200 otes 64mb, but have been having problems with my display, if I looked at this thread rugbydude's right hand 'green face' on both posts would have vertical white lines through it also register, members etc at the top also have vertical white lines through.

The only way I can fix this is to go to display settings, advanced, troubleshoot and then untick enable write combining what does this mean? should it be unticked? any help appreciated.

Comment

cslord u really need to get new drivers, the latest WHQL ones are the 41.09's which u can get from nvidia.com, or better yet check guru3d.com for newer drivers, i use the 43.00's myself and they work great :thumb: I agree with Rugbydude that Powerstrip is an awesome OC tool :D definitely d/l that.

Comment

I dont really need an overclocking tool. My card's drivers installed an overclocking tool already. What I need is something that I can adjust things like fast writes with, along with advanced options with D3D or OpenGL. As for the new drivers, I guess it's worth a shot.

Comment

Sounds like there is something more serious than just performance tweaks will do. Drivers can really mess things up, so try that first, definitely.:bounce: :bounce:

Comment

OK there's an error with the 43.00 drivers from guru, they had a file missing and it didn't revert back to 30.82. Anyway, I had to reinstall my video card after that which took a while. Also, I actually had 40.72 Detonator for a while, but it wasn't helping worth a s**t. I'm starting to think that it's my power supply. It's always supplying too little voltage for the 3.3v on the video (it's only supplying about 2.9v). Also (don't tell AMD) I just found out that it isnt even certified for AMD processors. I'm thinkin of getting a new one ASAP...could that be the answer to my problem?

Comment

I just got a GeForce 4 Ti 4200 with AGP 8X.
                      I ONLY GET 4-5 ON CS!!!!
                      whats wrong with this!!!
                      ive got a 2.53Ghz Pentium 4 Processor and cable internet. It also says that it doesnt accept Open GL Graphics???
                      Whats going on???

Comment

A few things I need to know:
                        1-Manufacturer of Card (Asus, PNY, MSI, etc.)
                        2-Driver Version (also tell me if drivers are Detonator and/or WHQL)

Also, you might try turning off anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering, as well as disabling V-sync...I recommend downloading detonator driver 30.82 and getting NVMax 4 for tweaking.

Comment

i'd suggest getting a newer set of drivers 4x.xx something, the 30.82 were never designed for GF4 cards. If u wanna oc or tweak settings get powerstrip, it lets u do at least as much, probably more than nvmax. The most likely solution is that the drivers ur using are really old, or just not agreeing with ur setup :(

Comment

When I use drivers like 40.72, for some reason, it always puts my computer on standby, and when I try to take it off standby, it freezes up, so 30.82 is my only choice for now. Also, I found out that my video is running at 1x...but there's nothing I can do about it in the BIOS or anywhere else. HELP!

Comment

powerstrip will let u change ur AGP setting in the adapter options tab, otherwise try looking for a bios update. That really sucks about the 4x.xx drivers not working :( They made a big difference in performance for me, I gained almost 1000 points in 3dmark 2001. good luck on raising the AGP setting that'll probably be a major performance boost :thumb:

Comment

Working...
                              X