Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9000pro 275/250???

Hello,

I installed Powerstrip, and it says my 9000pro 128ddr 4x has an engine clock of 275mhz, and a memory clock of 250mhz. Is this correct?? I thought the memory was supposed to clock at 550mhz. OR is it showing 250 because it is ddr?

Thanks for the input

Yep thats DDR so your true memory value is 500 mhz like you thought.:cheers:

Comment

Greetings.
      What brand is the card? (ati or other)
      A few weeks ago my st labs radeon ve 64mb sdr vivo got physically damaged(don't ask). So I borrowed an ati radeon 9000pro 64mb until i could get a new one. The speeds were 275/275(550ddr) according to radeonator and powerstrip. Alot better than the 131/131sdr speeds on the old card.
      So bye the time the new card was in the budget, since I needed vivo and don't have $650 cdn for a 9700 pro aiw and dont want the tuner anyway, I decided on the HIS excalibur radeon9000pro vivo but not sure how much memory yet.
      When i went to the store to get the card, they assured me that the memory on both the 64 and 128 was the stated spec on the hightech website http://www.hightech.com.hk/html/9000pro.htm
      Not the case, as it turned out(u guessed it), lies from both the store and the company(although the company doesn't state a difference between the 2, they only refer to a general model anyways).
      I got the 128 mb ddr vivo version for $209 cdn. And the clock/mem speeds are obvious 275/250(500ddr), not what they are suposed to be. Not as fast as the one I borrowed.
      Does anyone know if this is because of the vivo?
      Or could it be because of the 128mb using different chips?
      Any info would be great.
      And the store that promised an exchange if the specs were'nt right now says that since I used radeonator and powerstrip to find out the stock speeds, the warranty was void, so I'm stuck with it.
      Another lesson learned, lies about specs and "too bad" for the user.
      athlon xp-m@2456mhz(12x204)
      tt aquariusII liquid cooled/ arctic silver ceramique
      asus a7n8xe-dlx
      thermaltake xaserIII lanfire
      bfg 6800gt
      seagate sataII 250gb/seagate 7200rpm 160gb ide
      samsung dvdrw
      2x1024 kingston hyper-x pc3200/ windows xp pro sp3
      logitech mx518/ logitech wingman rumble
      2x samsung 955df 19"/ canon i960
      creative x-fi fatal1ty 64mb/ altec lansing 251-5.1
      mushkin 550w

opteron 146 @ 2850 (10x285)
      DFI infinity nf4 ultra
      thermaltake tsunami dream -black
      seagate sataII 500gb
      evga 8600gt oc ssc edition
      samsung sata dvd-rw
      2x1024 ocz black
      logitech ifeel/ nec accusync 75f
      ocz fatal1ty 550w

Comment

Originally posted by maximus7001

And the store that promised an exchange if the specs were'nt right now says that since I used radeonator and powerstrip to find out the stock speeds, the warranty was void, so I'm stuck with it.
        Another lesson learned, lies about specs and "too bad" for the user.
        the store should still honour the exchange - you haven't damaged the card by checking the clock speeds - Even if you did OC it, how would they know unless you told them.

there's an art to getting stuff replaced for free - my wife is much better at it than I am, but I'm learning.

A lot of the ATi 3rd party boards have memory speeds all over the place - before I buy any - I always try to get the full specs right from the mfg'r support department - I don't trust the websites or the resellers - it saved me from buying a 64MB Radeon9100 clocked at 250/184...I went with the 128MB version clocked at 250/250 instead:thumb:

Comment

Working...
        X