video card advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• video card advice

I got a MSI GF3 Ti200 for Christmas and was wondering if it is a good card or is it behind the powercurve?

Well, there really isn't just one answer to this question.

I think you have to make that decision yourself.

What kind of things you with your computer? Fast videocard is basically needed only for the latest 3D games. Are you satisfied with the speed you have now? Getting card like Gf4 Ti4200 will definately give you a nice boost, not to mention what more powerfull cards would do.

But card like Radeon 9700Pro will not give anything more if you only play games like Homm4 ...

:cheers:

Andy

Comment

if you're running a PC133 based system...getting a significantly faster videocard will only make your memory an even bigger bottleneck.

Comment

I have to say that is actually quite a descent card for the price. Its direct x 8.0 compatible and overclocks quite well.GIve us your full system specs and a 3d mark 2001 se score. Than we can trully tell if the card will run new games:devil:

Comment

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=5993374
          here ya go. I can get sandra pics if you need them

Comment

Well your scores a bit low about the same as mine on an mx 460. But your card has direct x 8.0 support so its better. Overall not a bad card.:thumb:

Comment

Here is a 3D Mark score with 1.333 Thunderbird, Epox 8RDA+ and 256 of PC2700 Memory. Latest drivers after clean windows install.

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=5990122

As you can see, even 'old' cpu, paired with latest motherboard and fast memory and 'average' Gf4 Ti4200 64Mb can score quite nicely. Overcloking the videocard would no doubt give even bigger score.

Upgrading your motherboard and memory could give you couple of thousand points boost on 3D mark.

But one should always rate his/hers game performance with the game they play the most ..

:cheers:

Andy

Comment

thx alot all

Comment

Working...
                X