"Battlefield 1942 running slowly on my Ti 4600... ehhh&

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Battlefield 1942 running slowly on my Ti 4600... ehhh&

I have another problem: I think the problem with my battlefiled 1942 game is my hard disk. but im not fully sure. I think i got an ATA 33/66/100 hard disk cable. SO it should run at full rate.
    (with ABIT KG7 RAID MOBO) which i am using for my ATA 100 120gb caviar western digital 8mb cache special. I'll have to check up on this. My mate has battlefield 1942 which his mate copied for him, and his supposedly runs fine on his XP ti 4200 ag 8x setup. Although he only runs a current agp v1.0 4x mobo. The card is estimated to run at similiar high end speeds that match my card standard. I was advised to update from default Asus drivers 21.08 i think they were, directx 8.1 to dx 9 and detonator 41.09. Still no change... Battlfield 1942 still plays slowly. I've tried every troublshooting settings i can think of to run the game in low res settings 16/ 32 bit 2x 4x AGP ALIASING on and off. even switched off advanced video bios shadows. No change in game performance??. When I also installed asus smartdoctor a while back it told me that my motherboard was not supplying a stable 3.3 v could this be to do with asus, abit or the power supply??.. Now when i install smardoctor i have to uninstall it quickly as soon as comp boots to windows, i get loads of multi simultaneous windows with the windows beep which blocks out me accesing other programs. i will try to install this again to see what the actual status of the error it tells me is and report it to you. Could all these problems be conected, i think unlikely but any help for my 5 thousand questions would be greatly appreciated with double tops. Thankyou... ceesya soon!!

can u tell us what OS u have and what system is this runing on??? so cpu etc. I have BF1942 running just fine on a P3 1ghz, Gf4 4400, win98, 512 ram.

Comment

I had a similar problem. But it was a sound card conflict. Go to the official 1942 website and they explain how to fix it. You have to reduce sound settings to something less than 22htz and 16 channels if you have a dolby 5.1 blaster compatable card. Now my game screams. It was not the video. I have a P4 2.4 with an Nvidia 64MB MX440 with 512 DDR RAM.

Hope this fixes your problem:shoot3:

Comment

300WATT APPROVED POWER SUPPLY IN T3007 TASK INTERNATIONAL.
        ABIT KG7 RAID MOTHERBOARD
        CRUCIAL 184PIN 512MB DDR ECC CAS2.5 2100 REGISTERED
        (just bought non ecc unregistered 2700 512ddr: brand type: Infineon)
        (just bought enermax 465watt VE power supply)
        ASUS V8460 ULTRA DELUXE VIDEO CARD
        RELYSIS TL-570 15 INCHE TFT RGB INPUT
        AUDIGY 2 INTERNAL SOUNDCARD
        A4 TECH WIRELESS KEYBOARD AND MICE
        LITEON 16X DVD ROM
        LITEON CD-RW 40X12X48
        TEAC FLOPPY type: 1.44MB
        AMD 2100+ CPU WITH THERMALTAKE VOLCANO 7+ HSF
        WESTERN DIGITAL 12OGB 7200 RPM CAVIAR SPECIAL EDITION - 8MB CACHE
        3 80MM YS TECH CASE FANS.

I am back to my old drivers 28.32. using Directx 8.1.
        My operating system is Windows ME Version 4.90. build 3000.
        So there you go. That's my information folks!! ANY IDEAS ??

Comment

Working...
        X