Clear All

• 30FPS in UT2k3 ?!? omg

:(

I have just got a new PC

it has :

VIA Chipset MOBO (4.43 Drivers)
    AMD Athlon XP2600+
    512Mb DDR
    PNY GeForce4 Ti4200 64Mb DDR (nVidia 41.09 drivers)
    Hercules Gamesurround Fortissimo III 7.1
    HP Pavilion MX70 17" screen
    Windows XP Home

In Unreal Tournament 2003 (UT2003),1024*768/highest details/no FSAA and no anisotropic filtering
    I get from 25-40 FPS...
    On 3D Mark I get 10146 points...low for a XP2600+

I used the tweaktown guide for UT2003,installed the latest drivers but no...still stuck on 30FPS

Whats wrong with my PC???

HELP ME PLEASE

Its not your computer its just unreal tournament is a very demanding game. Try turning the detail levels down or changing to 16 bit colour that should improve fps

Comment

I must admit that I don't see the overhwelming obsesstion with FPS. I prefer image quality. i would rather have a great image and decent fps (30-50) than high fps and a lousy image.

Although I have ut2003 maxed out and acheive at least 40 fps at any given time

Comment

what via chipset is your MB?
        What type of DDR are you using & at what speed?
        what are you memory timings set at in your bios?

UT2003 likes memory bandwidth - even more than most FPS
        make sure you're are getting the most out of your memory subsystem

Comment

1.i think its a KT333
          2.Infineon 512 DDR (not sure of speed - how can i find out?)
          3.dont know

!?!

Comment

go into your bios & find your memory setting - make sure your RAM is running at 166MHz(333 effective) & experiment with your timings to see how aggressive you can get

Try the forums at www.AMDMB.com - you may be able to find someone with the same MB as you - they can probably give you an idea of what you can get away with.

Comment

in JKII ,1280*1024 all details highest with anisotropic filtering i get 90-100 FPS

Comment

JKII isn't as demanding as UT2003, that's why you get a higher FPS, but I must admit that your system gives crappy results for UT2003, I have a GeForce MX440, and it goes faster than that, lol.

Try downloading the latest NVidia detonator driver at:

Guru3D.com - Your go-to source for tech news, reviews, and in-depth analysis of graphics cards, processors, motherboards, gaming hardware, and software from companies like AMD (Radeon) Intel (Core) and NVIDIA (GeForce). Stay updated with the latest trends and innovations in the world of technology .

Including the latest VIA 4 in 1 driver.

If you haven't got Direct X 9 yet, visit:

And download that aswell.

If any of this doesn't help, I suggest you look around your system hardware, just to see if they haven't ripped you off on anything, because I can't really see what the problem could be.

Good-luck! :thumb:

Comment

UT2003 Benchmark results

800*600 : Flyby : 109
                  Botmatch:48
                  1024*768:Flyby:108
                  Botmatch:46

as you see,same results
                  botmatch depends on CPU Power,as you see,crap results with XP2600+

i used Aida32,Wcpuid and sisoft sandra 2003 even 3d mark shows XP2600+ 2133hz

Comment

mabey its just your internet.....could be as simple as that. Sometimes the servers though just lag no matter what. I'd just keep trying and make sure your getting deticated servers : /

Comment

Everything maxed out with no AA/Filtering
                      1024x768

Is this normal or is there any tweaks that could get me some higher fps?

Comment

That's a pretty good score, on anything where the botmatch average FPS is above 45; you don't really need to worry too much about tweaking.

Comment

Working...
                        X