No announcement yet.

FX vs. 9700

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have just read that the 9500 pro and standerd can't be overclocked.Anyone tried this and is it true?:cheers:

Comment

That is definitly not true as the 9500 is a detuned 9700. My friend has OCed his to 9700 status.

Comment

I have found a solution !!!

I just need to use the GeForce FX WITHOUT the cooler !!!! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by rugbydude
          I have just read that the 9500 pro and standerd can't be overclocked.Anyone tried this and is it true?:cheers:
          Yeah, dead wrong. I use the Riva tuner to bring in the missing pipelines to make it a 9700 on some of my builds. You can also flash the bios of the card itself to make it a 9700. Also, the 9700 overclocks well, and even though on the 0.15 process, my sources tell me that it is much quiter and far more efficient than th FX. The 9500 can be overclocked very well....I personally use Rage3d tweak to overclock mine---even after I have made it a 9700. On a Soyo Kt400 mobo I get 15186 in 3Dmark. How bout dat :)

Comment

Originally posted by rugbydude
            In some cases the 9500 pro is locked from the factory - but there are several modded bios available that allow OC'ing

I beleive the 9500np's don't need any tweaks to be Oc'd

Comment

Not used to posting in forums but here goes.

I have a GF4 Ti 4200 after upgrading, starting with a GF, GF2 MX, GF3 Ti200 up to the one I have now. Does anyone remember Voodoo? Of course you do!

Voodoo beat the hell out of everything and it may not have been the best being a pass through card etc, but we all had one.. Well I did at least. (2 in sli) Nvidia then trampled all over them.

I am not going to say that Nvidia are going to go the same way, but overall, it's price to performance that I look for. Who cares about the GF FX? Am i EVER going to be able to afford one? Should I even think about buying one? No.

I think Nvidia have made a mistake this time, not a big one, but a mistake nonetheless. I am sick to death of all the revisions, the 4200, the 4600, the 5800, the T1000! Dammit. The 8500Le, the 9500, the pro, the 7000, the 7000 pro. Geez........ I think we should have NO allegiance to ANY company as when Nvidia OR ATI go the remaining company will beat the crap out of us with Price. Look at AMD! Great chips, but if Intel go, the price will shoot up.

What am i saying? Who cares if we pick ATI or Nvidia! I look at the charts, imagine a price, and buy. After all, I wanna play Doom 3 at the nicest / fastest quality without saying sorry to the bank manager.

Athlon XP 2400+
              756Mb PC2100 DDR
              3 x Hard drives = 140Gb
              Hercules Game T XP 7.1
              Creative (Aghhh) Ti4200 64Mb
              Crap case

Comment

I nominate RogerB for the position of Newbie Prophet!:thumb: :hammer:

P.S. Should RogerB be voted into this position; I ask that he please answer the age- old question, "Are newbies allowed to use icons?"

Comment

Well of course, i want to play doom3 very fast with crazy fps
                  when it comes. But i seriousley doubt that is possible with my current pc. I want a faster nvidia card and faster cpu and more memory of course. Last thing is what's holding me back the most atm...

You get the speed you pay for, do i want a FX? I sure do...

:cheers:

Comment

Quote "Not use to posting in forums but here goes "
                    originally posted by BG

Amen to the NO allegaince clause and ya Voodoo was da one
                    as you could chain 2/more of their cards to not only increase but
                    double/triple/Quad-druple the performance........which in it self
                    is a far more finnacialy viable solutution these days:wave:
                    Happiness isn't something you experience; it's something you recall.

Comment

drool....

Comment

Originally posted by dryadsoul
                        Quote "Not use to posting in forums but here goes "
                        originally posted by BG

Amen to the NO allegaince clause and ya Voodoo was da one
                        as you could chain 2/more of their cards to not only increase but
                        double/triple/Quad-druple the performance........which in it self
                        is a far more finnacialy viable solutution these days:wave:
                        yep totally agree, hopefully we can chain up the other vid cards in the future.

Comment

On that note, does anyone know any computer engineer I could talk too. I got some ideas concerning some stuff, and it would speed things up if I could ask a couple of questions to a comp. engineer.

Comment

i'll get a 9800 as soon as i can find the money to do so

:shoot3: :eek:

Comment

I'll get a 9800 Pro 256mb as soon as they're out... assuming something better doesn't appear out of no where.

Comment

Working...
                              X