Radeo 9700 Tweaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radeo 9700 Tweaks

Can ne1 tell me....what....if any tweaking they have done with their new 9700cards.
    I'm sitting on an [email protected]P4S8X Mobo.
    So far I have an 11456 score on 3Dmark2001, about 20% below average.
    Any help would be appreciated, thanks. :snip:

What OS, Drivers and DirectX version are you using?
    I'm not familiar w/your MB - what chipset is it?
    Did you have any other video card installed in your system before the Radeon?

...Also - is your card a 9700 or a 9700pro - what are the clocks?

Comment

Can ne1 tell me....what....if any tweaking they have done with their new 9700cards.
      I'm sitting on an [email protected]P4S8X Mobo.
      So far I have an 11456 score on 3Dmark2001, about 20% below average.
      Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Win ME
      Sis 648 chipset, purchased with 9700pro, running at core default, DirectX 9.0 drivers, latest bios version installed.
      When I check the video driver in msconfig I see a 9700 pro series and also a 9700 pro secondary, what is with the secondary !

Comment

the Radeon9700's and SiS chipsets have some issues - depending on what stepping your Radeon Chip is - there might be something going on there.

WinMe is not the greatest OS for acheiving the highest benchmarks - that's probably not helping

Do you have Smartgart installed/AGP 8X enabled?

Make sure your AGP aperature is set to 128MB at least

....also DX9.0 and the Catalyst3.0 drivers typically run about 1-5% slower than DX8.1 and the last certified 2.5's

also make sure your system Ram is running at 166MHz - not 133, 3Dmark likes bandwidth

Comment

At the risk of sounding ignorantn how would I know if the Smartgart was installed and 8x enabled.

Comment

I'm not sure what it looks like exactly under WinMe but in WinXP theres a SmartGart tab in the Video properties advanced options - that's where you can test/enable/disable AGP8x & fast writes....I can't imagine it would be much different under Win ME.

Comment

Hi ! RDR
              Thans for your help, but I need to pick your brain again....surprise!

Well I bit the bullet and went to Win XP, it's effect was marginal
              I went from a 11450 3dMark to a 11630 3dMark, I also made all of the tweaks supplied by Tweaktown for XP and in some instances lost 3dM.... points, is there anything else I could be doing or missing.

Comment

Pentium4B 2.40GHz @ 2.70GHz
                MOBO ASUS P4T533-C
                FSB @ 150/38 Vcore 1.6v
                512MB RDRAM PC800
                Radeon9700pro OC @ 351/324
                Creative SB Audigy
                Windows XP Home SP 1

3dMarks 14923:flames:

if ur still working with this let me know i have many tweak that are well worth a look!

Comment

i score 11300 on my ti4200.
                  antiliasing and antistrophic filtering can kill my score but the 9700 is supposed to handle just fine. try unchecking texture sharpening.

Comment

Originally posted by watcher2
                    Hi ! RDR
                    Thans for your help, but I need to pick your brain again....surprise!

Well I bit the bullet and went to Win XP, it's effect was marginal
                    I went from a 11450 3dMark to a 11630 3dMark, I also made all of the tweaks supplied by Tweaktown for XP and in some instances lost 3dM.... points, is there anything else I could be doing or missing.
                    what Direct 3D settings are you using ?
                    make sure your anti-aliasing and ansitropic filtering are off for benchmarking

Comment

Most of you guys have list your 3d Mark 2001 scores which is cool, But how is it you say you have DirectX 9.0 loaded when 3DMark2001 doesn't work with DX9?

it only supports DirectX 8.1
                      Me very confussed :confused:

Comment

3DMark2001 build330 runs fine w/DX9

you can d/l the full version @ futuremark - or they also build330 patch available

I used the patch & haven't had any problems:thumb:

Comment

Cheers RDR,
                          I had already the build 330, which didn't work, but when i patched my 330 with the 330 patch it worked... strange. but yer works now thanks, I got 13137 marks....

P42.53
                          ASUS P4S8X
                          Crucial PC2700 512MB
                          Sapphire Atlanis Radeon 9700 with Zalman heatpipe
                          Maxtor 60GB@133
                          zero pci, zero usb pure games :flames:

Cheers

Yuey

Comment

Working...
                          X