motherboard bottleneck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• motherboard bottleneck?

i jsut got a new gainward gf4 ti4200 w/ 128Mb ...running 3dmark with all stock settings...no AA or anything...i am only getting around 6800!!!! i have tried many thigns with overclocked im lucky to hit 7000.......jsut wondering if my asus A7A266 is the cause for this low score????? any other ideas will be appreciated!! thank you in advance

Your mobo is the prob and it's ALi chipset would have to be the worst around atm for AMD's IMHO (SiS ain't much better either). : peace2:

Get one based on the nForce2 chipset would be best. :devil:

At least get a VIA KT333/400 based mobo if ya don't want the nForce2. :)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

so it is definetly the board?

Comment

Look you can get more out of it but you'll never be anywhere near the head pack (maybe not even halfway) with your CPU/video card combo. : peace2:

Comment

so your saying my whole system needs an upgrade??? i am running a 1.2Ghz athalon @1430Mhz and right now my FSB is up to 316(DDR) ....but this is not enough even if i upgrade my mb?

Comment

Just the mobo should be enough to start with if ya got DDR memory already. ;)

Comment

yea the chipset is the onlything that i coudl see causing the problems!

Comment

http://forums.tweaktown.com/showthre...&threadid=7395 :devil win

Comment

anyone think upgrading to an asus a7s333 board would help at all...has the sis 745 chip in it??? thats what my lil bro has but i have been to busy to switch !! let me know what you think!

Comment

I'm not real familiar with the SiS chipsets - but I know they have their share of problems
                    stick w/nforce2 or Via KT333/400 for Athlons if you can

Comment

got new intergrated drivers for this piece junk called the a7a266 and my 3d mark score went up about 200 points...guess it start till ig et a new board

Comment

Working...
                      X