No announcement yet.

3d mark score

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never had a Crucial one - but from the Crucial Website- it lists 6ns chips in the specification

System memory does play a role in your 3DMark score - in some cases...moving up to 256MB will help some, but the fact that it's SDR RAM is a big limiting factor

Until about November on last year I had a Radeon 8500 64MB card in my P4 box if I clocked it up to 310/310 I could get almost 11000 3Dmarks
    that should be an indication of how much your system config. and/or video card clocks affect your score

Comment

Thats a pretty high score. I don't think my system supports rd ram because when I go to websites like crucial ram and check out ram for my system it only lists sd ram.

Comment

no it won't - your just about at your limit , unless you go for a new MB/CPU/Ram combo

Comment

I might as well buy a new pc, if I upgrade all that, lol.

Comment

I usually try to tell ppl that straight up vnet576 but I get almost torn to pieces as I just by postin' links for them to read still have to post the answers for them when reading those links they would have answered them themselves.

Congrat's m8 but you my friend have just made one lovely bright spot in this old man's broken bodied day. :cry: + :thumb:

ATM (At The Momment) the best setup "bang for buck" that I've had my hands on has been built usin' a EPoX 8RDA+, 2 x Corsair XMS3500 256MB modules (sticks) and an XP2400+ (I've been extremely foamin' at the mouth to actually build one for myself but the missus would kill me, <small>but I maybe able to pull that one off soon dependin' on a few details bein' done by Thursday day here</small>. :devil win

Please don't anyone dob me in. [inserts beggin' smiley here]

That was a very fast upgrade job of a PC w/ (=with) the mobo of my server w/ just about everything else from my personal PC (Thunder in sig, plus it would be good to check the links in my sig out as they maybe down temporarily for a while durin' my family's relocation, about 3 weeks maybe but I hope to have it covered before then even if only a "Lite" version) but he has a Leadtek GF4 Ti4600 My VIVO. By the time he left here 3 hrs later that setup was workin' on a 166MHz FSB @ XP2800+ rating and within 100pts of 13K pts in 3DMark 2001SE. ;)

</RANT>
            <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

well since we're on this topic...i have a P4 1.3 ghz, Geforce4 Ti4200 overclocked to 300/600, and 512 rdram but i still get low 3dmark scores. my score last time was 6984. How can i increase it?

Comment

a P4 1.3 is a big part of your problem...what kind of ram are you using? some of the early budget-type P4 setups used SDR SDRAM - if that's true in your case - don't expect to score much higher w/o a new MB, CPU & RAM

Comment

Thanx RDR as I didn't have the heart to tell him the bad news when he first posted (I'm gettin' sick of bein' first). :thumb:

And before anyone asks "why change the CPU?" or just suggests a mobo, take a good look at the CPU he has. It's a "deadend" original socket 423 unit.

I'm sorry and truely feel for ya docfock but them's the facts. :cry:

Best idea is to research and plan the building of ya own custom (preferably self built) computer that meets all the requirements that you expect from a PC plus as much as ya might need in the future (I'm havin' a delemar over this myself at this very momment in fact). :devil win
                  <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

i HAPPY hit 16k tonight just got this 2400xp chip so tomorow im going for 17k
                    http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=5587720

Comment

Working...
                    X