i need some serious help with my geforce s-vid to a tv

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i need some serious help with my geforce s-vid to a tv

Ok, on my geforce 3 ti500 i got a S-Video out on it. i bought a s-video cable, then a converter to a regular rca video in cable. so i have this plugged into my video in. now how do i get my tv to display whats on my screen...i use win xp home edition if that means anything. plz help.

I did this fairly recently so I could relive my Megadrive days with some roms I had downloaded :) Grab the latest drivers for your vid card if you haven't already done so and install them. Plug in your s-vid cable. Go to Display Properties, then the settings tab then click on the advanced button. Click the tab with your video card and select nView Display mode on the left. Under nView modes should be Standard (DualView), then Clone. Select clone and apply. Hopefully that should have worked. Check your TV to see if you see the desktop of your PC! If you want to view video clips or DVDs, you need to set the TV as the primary display. Hope this helped!

Comment

allow me to add that most TV's can't get any resolutions higher than 800x600 most likely your TV can only do 640x480.

If you have a HDTV set however you should be able to do higher resolutions [maybe 1024x768, but more likely 1024x576 or someother widescreen variation of a screen res]

Comment

ok great, i got it able to display on my tv, but now the picture looks quite fuzzy...how do i make i clearer. i want to be able to watch dvd's on my tv is my main goal

Comment

You might try a program called tvtool ("www.tvtool.de" ... english option on left side of web page). Haven't used it myself but looks like it might be the answer to your problem. You may want to read the FAQ's but I think it will work with your card (only exceptions I could find included my GF4 MX card :( ). Good luck.
          Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

i had better luck with the mirror imaging from my driver options from before...with that i dont get color and the screen res is messed up on the tv screen...it is oversized on the tv screen. any more help? im open to all suggestions.

Comment

try changing your TV settings so the vid card sends out PAL rather than NTSC format if you haven't done so. The only draw back is that PAL displays a smaller picture size.

Comment

Sorry to hear that tvtool didn't solve your problems. It was the only tv related program for Nvidia cards that I was able to find when I was searching for the same answers two or three days ago. Only thing that I was able to adjust (that made any difference) was the digital vibrance which of course does nothing for "fuzzy".
                I did find a good article that you may find interesting at http://www.digit-life.com/articles2/...e4-tv-out.html . It is directly related to GF4 type cards but most drivers for Nvidia are the same anyway.
                Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

Working...
                X