plaese help my computer is broken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• plaese help my computer is broken

my comp has stoped working, i flashed the bios a few days ago and it booted great no problems does that mean it cant be the bios ?

Details as to exactly what the problem is would be very helpful here. Explain exactly what happens when you try to boot up, as well as what you have done (if anything) to try to fix it.

Also let us know what your system consists of as well as the operating system that you're using.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

i updated the bios and it was working great for about 2 days then i took off the fan a little later becuase it needed cleaning i put it all back together and nothing no beeps at all but the cpu still gets hot and the fans spin but no beeps and no display at the min i am having to use an ecs board and i wanna get the old 1 up and running again.
      and it was overclocked 8 times 105 mhz so does that make a difference?

Comment

You say that you have an ECS board that you're using now... are you using the same components that came from the old system? (video card, hard drive, sound card...etc). If so, then that would eliminate the possibility of the components being bad.

It is also possible that you'll need to format and reinstall the OS since you FLASHed the BIOS. This is pretty much a requirement if you FLASH, but this shouldn't keep you from seeing anything at all on the screen.

Also, make sure to check all connections. If you were removing fans to clean them, you may have accidentally loosened something vital. Check all cabling, all power hookups, all PCI slotted components for firm seating, and all memory modules. And if the fan you removed was for the processor, then double check that it was plugged back in. Depending on the motherboard, some will require that a fan be plugged into Header #1 of the motherboard as a safety precaution or the system will not run at all.

Check into this and see if it helps. If not, then we can start a little more in depth troubleshooting of your problems.

Good luck.
        Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
        My Toys

Comment

thanx, i checked all the things you said and they all seem fine.
          all the things i used in the broken mb are working in this mb the fan is in the correct socket and still nothing shouldnt it at least beep?

Comment

when i say overclocked it wasnt by much i have a duron 800 cpu and it was running at 840

Comment

If the BIOS has started yes it should by all rights beep if there's a prob but if the BIOS hasn't started then no sounds will be heard. :smokin:
              <center> </center>

Comment

Duron 800's usally get close to 1GHz when oc'd if not a little more with some. ;)
                <center> </center>

Comment

will the bios beep or boot without the cpu in it? the reason i ask is i can try it right now but i only have 1 cpu (in the com now)

Comment

Yes the BIOS should beep to tell you that it can't find/initualize the CPU. ;)
                    <center> </center>

Comment

Working...
                    X