No announcement yet.

GeForce 2 Titanium Infinate loop !! HELP (Win ME)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GeForce 2 Titanium Infinate loop !! HELP (Win ME)

PLEASE HELP MEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got a GeForce 2 Ti 64mb 400mhz DDR AGP TV (Creative 3D Blaster)

Now, i formatted cause win xp didnt work with it with the darm infinate loop

NOW

I found out that it even crashs this damn pc while playing games it is FS2002 im playing but it is crashing for an unknown reason

Im going to try other games now... and if they dont ARGH!
    PLease help me :'( :(

Sammy

Have a read of this article as it may help ya out. ;)
    <center> </center>

Comment

:'( i dont think it will help :(

I am running windows me how can this be a problem?! i thought it was only to do with windows xp?!

But now i have it when i am using windows me .....

Is there a fix or somthing

or a way i can find out what motherboard i have so i can see if there is any updates or anything for the BIOS cause i dont think there really is a usable BIOS except a REALLY crappy one which only lets u, change the BUS irq's and date and time that is about all..... i have a compaw presario i am not sure what thew problem is so please can soemone help me! btw i dont know if this will be a problem but i have 2... 128 ram modules in slot 0 and slot 1 and a 64mb in slot 2..... do u think if i take the 64 out then it might b the problem?

Well i will try it as soon as i get home from college so ppl please try to help me out as i am trying to get this working and nmy dad ayed alot of money for this present for xmas but because DAMN via and compaq i seem to get this problem... i can garantee if i ever buy a pc i will NOT be getting a VIA chipset or AMD.

Sammy

Comment

As the article says it can happen on any Windows OS (just shows up more often on XP) and no particular chipset is safe (even though it occurs more often with VIA ones) but go and check out the Compaq site for BIOS updates though a better way to fix it would be to drop back to using an older video driver. :smokin:
        <center> </center>

Comment

Well wot acn i do i am using he 21.85 drivers... updated all my drivers and there is no BIOS updates wot can i doooo!!! :(

Sammy

Comment

Go here and download a replacement Detonator 4 driver that's not listed in the XP section (preferable the v12.41's) and don't forget to total remove the current drivers which if in doubt on how to you can use the Detonator Destroyer 1.02.1 after you set the drivers for the card back to standard VGA. :smokin:
            <center> </center>

Comment

Hey wiggo thanks for the advice :)

It seems to have worked
              I game isnt crashing and my DVD player was workin but it stutered a little in one or 2 places but i think it was the disk dirty..

1 thing tho.... The drivers seem to be for nVIDIA GeForce 2 GTS???

And i have a GF2 Ti????????????????

Will it damage or give less performance??

Sammy

Comment

They won't damage it but maybe a little slower due to their being slightly older but then it's pretty hard to detect the difference with the eye but a bench mark prog will and there is really very little difference between the two cards. ;)
                <center> </center>

Comment

Well all i can say is thanks! :D

Thanks Wiggo m8 :)

Maybe this will fix that DARN prob on windows XP? i think i will try it hehehe i am gonna format tomoz and fix me up :)

If it dont work :( ohwellz lol

Thanks again!!!

Sammy

Comment

Hey n/p I just wish that they would hurry up and nail the actual factor that's causin' the prob instead of all parties slingin' crap at each other over who's fault it is. ;)
                    <center> </center>

Comment

hehehehe Yeah it's kinda funny u could kind of imagine Bill gates and someone from VIA in a fist fight or wearin some sort of chip styled helmet heheh :D

Anyway thanks again

I am about to format to i will post back l8r with results and sure as hell hope that this works otherwise back to unstable Win ME and ALOT of installing lol :(

Sammy

Comment

WHY WHY WWHYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ARGH! IM GOING INSANE!!!!!!

THIS DAMN PROBLEM

I Formatted...
                        Installed XP
                        It was ok.... but i decided to format again cause my tv card doesnt work in xp :(

Checked 4 drivers none... So i formatted

NOW

Back on Windows ME... I have done wot u said to do...
                        AND THE PROBLEM IS THERE AGAIN!!!!!!! ARGH!

WOT Can i do Wiggo?! Should i just get a sledge hammer now and kill myself or just totally kick my pc's ass!?

Sammy

Comment

TV cards always seem to cause a prob but as for Win MEss that is IMHO a problem in itself but really PC's that are made by the large builders were never meant to be changed from the specs that they are sold at so that problems are kept to a minimium and so they can make more $'s out of ppl my only advice would be either to keep plugin' away at it or change it back to it's original specs and think about putting our own system together that would be more user friendly and flexable. Sorry. :smokin:
                          <center> </center>

Comment

Well i fixed her i think :D

Now that is sorted... i think i will build my next system ike a super dude pc lol :) with a modded case n everything it will look mad! and i think that is a YES YES on my list :)

Thanks Wiggo again...

Sammy

Comment

Well good luck with it all. ;)

Comment

Working...
                              X