NV40

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes new hardware. :D

I'm just speculating on an EPoX KT400A motherboard to hit the market to see if I need anymore hardware. :devil win

Late January/early February accordin' to rumours. :devil:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Just a thought, but the NV40 could be one of the first major graphics cards to be available with a PCI Express bus.

Comment

The latest (leaked) NV40 spec

0.09u process
        300-350 Million Transistors
        750-800 MHz Core
        16MB Embedded DRAM (134M trans.)
        1.4 GHz 256-512MB DDR-II Memory
        8 Pixel Rendering Pipelines (4 texels each)
        16 Vertex Shader Engines
        204.8 GB/sec Bandwidth (eDRAM)
        44.8 GB/sec Bandwidth (DDR-II)
        25.6 GigaTexels per Second
        3 Billion Vertices per Second
        DirectX 10 (or extended 9.1)
        Release H2 2004

This data is not official, and shouldn't be treated as such.

Comment

PCI express ...is?
          - Damien

Comment

Where did you get all this info/speculation on the nv 40?

Comment

PCI Express (PCI-X) will eventually replace the current PCI/AGP bus architechure.

PCI Express architecture is a state-of-the-art serial interconnect technology that keeps pace with recent
              advances in processor and memory subsystems. From its initial release at 0.8V, 2.5GHz, the PCI Express
              technology roadmap will continue to evolve, while maintaining backward compatibility, well into the next
              decade with enhancements to its protocol, signaling, electromechanical and other specifications. The PCI
              Express architecture retains the PCI usage model and software interfaces for investment protection and
              smooth development migration. The technology is aimed at multiple market segments in the computing and
              communication industries, and supports chip-to-chip, board-to-board and adapter solutions at an equivalent
              or lower cost structure than existing PCI designs. PCI Express currently runs at 2.5Gtps, or 250MBps per
              lane in each direction, providing a total bandwidth of 16GBps in a 32-lane configuration. Future frequency
              increases will scale up total bandwidth to the limits of copper and significantly beyond that via other media
              without impacting any layers above the Physical Layer in the protocol stack. PCI Express provides I/O attach
              points for high-performance graphics, 1394b, USB 2.0, InfiniBand(tm) Architecture, Gigabit networking and so
              on.

PCI-X 1.0

PCI-X 66
              PCI-X 133

PCI-X 2.0

PCI-X 266 (2.1 Gigabytes per second bandwidth)
              PCI-X 533 (4.3 Gigabytes per second bandwidth)

PCI-X 3.0

PCI-X 1066 (8.5 Gigabytes per second bandwidth)
              PCI-X 2133

Comment

Where are you getting all of this info from? Tell me I'd love to know:wave: :?:
                Please don't leave me out in the dark lol

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Valkyrie

well futureproofed there. now all you need is the purrrr fect memory for the mobo. i was running 2100+ but now i am running 2700+ and it runs like a dream.

Comment

FlaCo,

Here you are mate, a picture of ATi's Radeon 9700pro with PCI Express interface.

Comment

notice all the sleek racing marker lines on all the capacitors. Sweet!

Comment

Originally posted by weta
                        PCI Express (PCI-X) will eventually replace the current PCI/AGP bus architechure.

PCI-X 1.0

PCI-X 66
                        PCI-X 133

PCI-X 2.0

PCI-X 266 (2.1 Gigabytes per second bandwidth)
                        PCI-X 533 (4.3 Gigabytes per second bandwidth)

PCI-X 3.0

PCI-X 1066 (8.5 Gigabytes per second bandwidth)
                        PCI-X 2133
                        They are NOT the same thing.
                        PCI Express is a serial I/O interconnect while PCI-X is a parallel bus.
                        PCI Express used to be called 3GIO.
                        PCI-X was designed to enhance the PCI bus.
                        PCI Express was designed to replace it.
                        SPAM Special Ops

Comment

E^vol, point taken, I was simply using PCI-X as an abbreviation for PCI Express, but as you have correctly pointed out
                          PCI-X is the name used for the parallel bus, when I have a chance I'll edit the post.

Comment

No prob. I wasn't trying to criticize your info, just trying to clairify for others.: peace2:
                            SPAM Special Ops

Comment

Im interested to see what system SETUP u have. i wanna know if and what sorts of problems with hardware you have an haven't manged to run or had problems with the KG7 RAID mobo. I think its you isn't it with this MOBO. and the athlonxp 2100+????? PLEASE SEND A PERSONAL MSG OR POST HERE

Comment

These are only rumours, and differ considerably from the figures posted a few months back.

0.13u process
                                150m transistors
                                120w power consumption (NV30) 75w
                                Could be available as early as Christmas

Reportedly, Nvidia were actively researching SOI and even Germanium oxide to reduce power requirements, finally
                                choosing to concentrate on more powerful cooling solutions, rather than invest heavily in advanced process technologies.

Comment

Working...
                                X