Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gforce4 Ti4200 - Problem issue help

Hello.
    I recently acquired a Creative Gforce 4 TI 4200 .My Pc Specs are :P4 1.5 with 256 DDR , Assus Mboard 535Mhz fsb ,Maxtor 60 Hd ,Plextor cdr 40/32/12 and a Sony dvd .21´inchh samsung monitor ....
    etc etc etc

I´m having fps playing and using video software.Just for an example,a friend of mine ,pays diablo2 LOd with a gforce 2 Mx and has about 50/60 fps stable while i have just 15/25 with my Gforce 4 TI4200!!!!!! The same i had with my RIva 2 Tnt!!!

I´ve seen the settings on my bios and its agp x4 and agpfast write in also on.The drivers i tested were the latest on and also the beta detonator 40.1 . Cant se what could be wrong .

Can Anyone give me any pointers on this ??

thx in advance :thumb:

my guess is you didnt completely remove tnt2 goop.
    so....
    goto control pannel
    system
    hardware
    device manager
    and uninstall the ti4200 and anyother device under display adapters.
    then
    goto add/remove programs
    uninstall the (i cant remember the exact name) NvidiaXp/2000 drivers(thats what it says on my system anyway).
    reboot
    and reinstall the new dets.

Comment

hum ,k i gonna go home now and try it out.Thx .Ill post tomorow if ti worked out =) thx again

Comment

No improvment. Ive even tweaked the clock frequencies,turned down v-synch and selectec best performance from the advanced definition menu .Really need help on this on.Any one got any clue?May the new board be somehow not good? I dont tink its normal that i have 12-25 fps on diablo 2 and score 4xxx on pcmark .

Comment

Try to see if the nVidia Tweaking Guide we have here on TweakTown will help your cause any. I use the Ti4200 on my system and have had no problems. It may just be that you need to optimize your setup a bit. :)

Also, what version of the Detonator drivers are you using?
          Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
          My Toys

Comment

hello. I tried the 30.xx and the beta 40.xx and the results are the same. Also i ve used both Tweaking guides in Tweak Town and still no improvement. Im beginig to worry about it.
            New thing ,just uses Power strips to raise frequencie clock and....no improvment!!: \

Comment

Did you install the new card together with all your new hardware (processor, mobo,etc)?
              If you did, did you just put the same old windows to load in the new hw?
              If yes, I believe you have loads of trash still loading and "misleading" your windows. I would do a fresh reinstallation of it.
              Or if you want to try something lighter, try this (recommended by my Gainwards ti4200 manual): put the OLD video card back. Boot it.
              Set you video card as PCI generic, reboot it.
              Let windows set whatever it needs, reboot it.
              Install Detonator 30.82 (the best and more stable in my opinion).
              shutdown your cpu.
              Plug the new card.
              Reboot it.

Basically everything that I did, when I moved from my RivaTNT2 to my Geforce4200, no problems at all (Win9x).

Comment

By the way, you don't need any overclock or tweaking to see the diference between the old and new cards.
                IT's HUGE!!!
                3dMark2001 jumped from 640 to 5700 points in my Duron 800.
                Put the safest settings in your BIOS and clocks, later you tweak it.

Comment

Hum,i formated my pc before instaling the bew card .Also,i tried before with the default settings and after with the overcloked settings . Still ,having the same scrore from pc mark.Crappy :|
                  Also instaled the new Via drivers and change to 30.82 .Same crap score again.

Comment

You will have to isolate the problem. It MAY be your video card, or may not be it (mobo,..., whatever).
                    I would lend the video card to a friend and check how it goes on his/her computer.
                    If it works fine, you will have to worry about your mobo or a compatibility issue between your videocard and mobo/cdburner/whatever.

Comment

that is most definately the best and easiest way to figure this problem out. You need another computer to swap parts with. If you think it is the video card, borrow a friend's 4200 or whatever card they have. If you still get low performance(where the performance on the other system is significantly higher) then it is probably just a sour video card.

Sometimes a card can just come off the assembly line bad. Maybe it slipped through quality control. Who knows.

The best thing you can do though is borrow a different card. You might even go down to your local electronics store that has a good return policy and "borrow" one of their cards for a few days

Good luck.
                      <table width="225" height="100" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td width="100"><p align="center"><font color="#003300" size="-3" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">AMD
                      Athlon XP2500+ FSB333<br>
                      Soltek SL-75FRN -L<br>
                      2X256 Corsair XMS PC3200<br>
                      80GB Deskstar 7200RPM</font>
                      </p></td><td width="125"><p align="center"><font color="#003300" size="-3" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Sound
                      Blaster Live!<br>
                      Volcano 7+<br>
                      GeForce 4 Ti4200 64MB<br>
                      19" TRINITRON CRT FLAT<br><br> ANTEC true430 PSU</font>
                      </p></td></tr></table>

Comment

There is a program to remove old detonators and drivers you got alot on yor comp right now. Someone on here can give you the name of it use it to remove all drivers for you Ti4200. Then load up the new and current drivers mine is on 40.72 and works great. I had to kill all the old drivers and then reinstall my card to work correctly. You may also check to see if your card has issues with your mobo. Do a full comp update, bios and all drivers and all should work fine together. Let us know how it goes :cheers: .

Comment

Originally posted by alex777
                          By the way, you don't need any overclock or tweaking to see the diference between the old and new cards.
                          IT's HUGE!!!
                          3dMark2001 jumped from 640 to 5700 points in my Duron 800.
                          Put the safest settings in your BIOS and clocks, later you tweak it.
                          true! mine went from 2450 with my old GF2 MX400 64mb to 9750 with my new GF4 Ti4200 128mb

Comment

Originally posted by 1mystik
                            There is a program to remove old detonators and drivers you got alot on yor comp right now. Someone on here can give you the name of it use it to remove all drivers for you Ti4200. Then load up the new and current drivers mine is on 40.72 and works great. I had to kill all the old drivers and then reinstall my card to work correctly. You may also check to see if your card has issues with your mobo. Do a full comp update, bios and all drivers and all should work fine together. Let us know how it goes :cheers: .
                            I think you mean the Detonator Destroyer!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X