Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help neded!!!!! 2x asus r9 290 direct cu2 oc crossfired

Hi to all,

After installing 2X ASUS R9 290 DIRECT CU2 OC in Slots 2 and 3 and crossfire enabled, the FPS is lower than using one GPU.
    In games like ACU , BF4, FAR CRY 4......etc.
    Please provide help!!!!!!

Thanks

Dimitris
    My Machine Specs.......

MB: Asrock 990FX Fatality Killer
    BIOS: V.1.30
    CPU: AMD FX9590 -8 Core
    RAM: KINGSTON HYPER X 1886 16 Gb
    GPU1: ASUS R9 290X DIRECT CU2 OC
    GPU2: ASUS R9 290X DIRECT CU2 OC
    CASE: CORSAIR 600T
    COOLING: CORSAIR H100i HYDRO COOLING
    KEYBOARD: ROCCAT
    Mouse: RAZER MAMBA
    PSU: CORSAIR RM1000 80+ GOLD
    Last edited by Dimitris Iliopoulos; 04-23-2015, 03:49 AM.

Re: Help neded!!!!! 2x asus r9 290 direct cu2 oc crossfired

Had the same issue while playing in Window Mode, once I switched to Window Mode Full screen or just Full screen, my FPS would ram back up to corrected levels you would expect for 2 video cards.

Also make sure your CROSSFIRE BRIDGE is fully seated across both cards.

Diagnostic Process,

No tools needed for first part

Update both the video driver and the chipset drive from AMD website for the board.

Graphic DriversDesktop AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition Display Driver version 16.15.2211
    Chipset Driver Chipset Crimson Edition 16.4.2

Step 1 and 2 are to verify the condition, before step 3 is introduce to help resolve condition.

1. In Device Manager, Disable 1 card. Run a Benchmark utility like Heaven or Valley, note the FPS for 1 card.
    2. Re-enable the second card, rerun the benchmark note the FPS. the should be higher. if not you will need to test each card installed alone, to determine the bad card.
    3. Clean Startup for Windows 8.1 https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135
    4. Repeat steps 1 and 2.
    5. Go to Second Part

Second Part Tools Need...

Should the above listed suggestion fail. you will need to now grab a screw driver, Multimeter, and start removing parts.

1. Check both cards are fully seated.
    2. Check both cards are plugged in to Power Supply.
    3. Check to make sure both cards are supplied enough power by the power supply to support the Crossfire / SLI configurations. You should have recommended 750+watt PSU with Bronze rating or higher that can deliver at least 46amps to the +12V Rail. This information is on the Power supply side panel, and you can reference from the video card manual for power requirements.
    4. Check Crossfire / SLI Bridge for failure (crack or tears in the ribbon)
    5. Test Power Supply for Failure. You will need a Multimeter for this, as you need to test each of the 12V, rails for proper power. Nice Walk thru from Youtube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ac7YMUcMjbw or have it tested by a professional.
    6. Replace bad card or power supply if need.

Hope this helps resolve your issue. For myself I had this issue with 2 Gigabyte R7-260x Windforce Ed. 2GB Rev 2 cards. Turned out, one of my cards was bad, replaced it and also replace the thermal paste for the heatsinks on both and retested, issued resolved. The above information is based on my own troubleshoot with my equipment. From your system information, I gave you best guess recommendations based on your information, please adjust as needed.

SI14asp

Comment

Working...
    X