No announcement yet.

Help with new G4 Ti4600 & 3dMark 2001se scores???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with new G4 Ti4600 & 3dMark 2001se scores???

Last week I got a VisionTek G4 Ti4600 and the first thing I did was to run 3dmark2001se. With no OC'ing I got 8596. I know this would be higher if I had faster RAM. Anyway, since the first benchmark, I have not been able to get close to the first score. During the past week I have got scores from around 7500 - 8100. I have AA off, V-sync off, mipmap set to Best Performance, and AGP is running at 4x. Bios is current. I can't find anything that has changed since the first benchmark. Can anyone help?

3dmark score - http://service.madonion.com/servlet/...jectId=4867981

It's most likely bottle necking at your ram.

Comment

I definetly think its your ram I can get 9000 with a geforce 3 ti500. Im running a xp2200+ with 512 meg pc2700.

My other system with my ti4600 from oc systems and 1 gig pc2700im getting 12545.

I actually under clocked the 4600 from its default setting which is overclocked from the factory, to normal settings and im still getting 11000.

Comment

P4's with SDRAM are strangled units and background services are probably also takin' their toll on ya scores as well. ;)
        <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Thanks wiggo, I forgot one thing. I ran my first benchmark after a fresh install of WinXP Pro and a week later I have a ton of stuff installed. I do know that my PC133 ram is a huge bottleneck. As soon as I get my bonus I'm getting at least a P4 2gig with a motherboard that will take faster ram. By the way, does anyone want to comment on DDR or RD ram. Is RDram better?

Comment

http://neonballroom.hypermart.net/score.txt

This is my first time running 3dMark2001se, is this a good score?

If not, what can I do?

I disabled Vsync and it hurt my score and I started getting weird lines and stuff so thats not an option.

Comment

Well mrfin,

high-bandwidth 1066MHz RDRAM deliver the best performance for latest 533MHz FSB Pentium 4 processors today but will sure cost ya more also.

DDR based P4 533 fsb systems perform very good to according to all tests but has a lower bandwidth. It is just up to you what you choose.

The next step we will se from Intel in the future is new procs with hyper thread support, i think that combined with 1066 rdram it will be a killer.

;)

Comment

Mrfin what what drivers are you using for your Ti4600...the memory might be the case...but if you have old drivers you will never get anywhere (score wise).
                - Damien

Comment

Yep FLaCo's right, the drivers are very important, maybe you should try some other version.

With my ti4600 card i gained about 1.000-1100 3d marks by upgrading from the detonator 29.xx to 41.xx.
                  From 11.646 to 12.715 marks just with a driver update.

:geek:

Comment

Have you tried benchmarking using UT 2003 ?
                    THE benchmark prog is in the system dir...

I get 60.1 FPs (1024 X 768)

M/B :ASUS A7V8X (raid ver)
                    O/S: WIN2K, SP2
                    RAM: PC2700 DDR WINBOND CAS2.5 (SET TO 2 IN BIOS)
                    PROCESSOR: XP1900
                    GRAPHICS CARD:GEFORCE TI4600(CLUB MAKE)
                    DRIVERS :NVIDIA 3.0.8.2
                    HDD:MAXTOR D740DX 7200RPM,20GB.

Comment

I solved all my problems!!! I went and bought a P4 2.53Ghz, ASUS P4PE mainboard and 512MB Samsung PC2700 RAM. My 3dMark scores went from 8100 to 12700 with no overclocking. See link in my profile.

Comment

Hehe got yourself quite a beast there...
                        Good choise of mobo to!

:thumb:

Comment

LOL...that should do it....
                          - Damien

Comment

No kidding...

Comment

Working...
                            X