Connecting my television to my video card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connecting my television to my video card

A few questions for anyone who can help...

1. I'd like to hook my TV up to my video card. I'm using a GeForce4 with a TV/S-Video Out connector. How exactly does this work? My television doesn't have a comparable looking slot to plug into. I have the connector for the antennae/cable hookup, and then a "video in" "audio in" on the front of the TV. Can I buy some sort of cord that'll connect the S-Video Out connector to this TV?

2. Also, how can I save my favorite shows onto my hard drive? Is this complicated to do? What does it require?

3. What does the "DVI Connector" on my video card do?

Sorry if any of this was difficult to follow. I don't know much about the terminology, so it was hard to explain. Thanks for any help.

What does the "DVI Connector" on my video card do?
    This is a connector for Digital LCD displays.

Also, how can I save my favorite shows onto my hard drive? Is this complicated to do? What does it require?
    You need TV in with an antenna on the card. So that you can plug a live telivision signal into the PC. Never delt with it but I'm not sure I'm sure it can be done with software.

As for getting the TV function to work.
    Does your TV support S-Video? The TV in my bedroom does not support S-Video but you can get a connector that changes the S-Video connector into a standard RCA connector. THe result? A black and white signal to the TV.

Comment

DVI Connector - Respawn is right

2. Also, how can I save my favorite shows onto my hard drive? Is this complicated to do? What does it require? - Respawn is right again. I don't think that your card has the TV-In option so you are most likely out of luck.

1. I'd like to hook my TV up to my video card. I'm using a GeForce4 with a TV/S-Video Out connector. How exactly does this work? Well if your TV doesnt have a plug that the connector will fit in you will have to buy the adapter the Respawn stated. Usually can find it a local electronic stores i.e. Radio Shack, Best Buy, Staples etc...

Comment

I've used s-video adaptors before and gotten acceptable color on the TV.

Comment

Ok as long as they work :thumb:. I usually don't like adapters but whatever.

Comment

Ya got to get quality ones as the cheapies are.... well ya get what ya pay for. :D
            <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Is the TV-in on the video card just the same as the cable hookup on my TV?

Anyone know where I can do some reading on this?

Thanks everyone.

Comment

I think it's different but not really sure (Havent used a TV-IN before).

Wiggo, I know I bought an expensive adapter for something (can't remember) it was like $25 and it didnt work at all. I was like #&!#%^ :scream: :scream:

Comment

Working...
                X