Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASROCKx79 Extrme7 - 3xgtx560 will not fit. What 3xvideo cards will fit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASROCKx79 Extrme7 - 3xgtx560 will not fit. What 3xvideo cards will fit?

Hey guys,

I tried inserting 3xgtx560s into the Extreme7 mobo, but the middle section will not fit due to a pci slot. There are 6 PCI-e in slots 1,2,4,5, and 6. The 3rd slot is a PCI. I just find it stupid to have the third slot as a PCI.

The reason why I need 3xvideocards is because I have a friend who has 6 monitors so I need 6xdvi ports. I do not want any splitters.

Anyone know what 3 video cards will fit in this mobo? Prefer 1GB.

Re: ASROCKx79 Extrme7 - 3xgtx560 will not fit. What 3xvideo cards will fit?

depends if you want nvidia cards .. got 4 dvi monitors (2 with active dp->dvi adapter for 15euro each) on my amd hd6870 1gb (ofcourse it cant pull it during games in full res, but mine is a workstation).
    Also you might want to specify a bit more what usage its for, cause it will depend a lot on that as well. If its for work or media you can actual do it with 1 card if you go the AMD route.
    My advice - never visit a short-url, no matter who gives it to you. You can't trust any source at any time when you don't know your target
    Whitey:Snuggles: Zotac Zbox HD-ID40 (Atom d525, worst purchase ever on cpu), Patriot Pyro 60GB (Thanks to Tweaktown Giveaway), 4GB 800' DDR2 SO-DIMM
    Bcube (NAS): ASUS F1A75-I Deluxe, AMD A6-3500 @ 2.1GHz, LSI 9240-8i (M1015) controller, GSkill Ares 1866 8GB blue kit, 4x Seagate SV35.5 2TB, 1x Seagate Barracuda 1.5TB, 1x Samsung HD103UJ, 1x Samsung F4 2TB, Temp. Rebel9 Alu case, Corsair H60, 2x Icy Dock MB973SP-B, NZXT UI01, Enermax T.B. Silence on docks and cpu, Aurum 500W gold PSU. (Draws 65W average, doesn't peak above 100W at any time)

Comment

He is not a gamer or anything. He is actually a lawyer who deals with lots of documents and reads a lot. He uses 6 monitors to maximize efficiency. He watches a few video clips a day nothing big, sometimes regular sometimes HD. He mostly uses Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word, PPT)

So the AMD6870 has 4 dvi ports? Do you know if intel has something like the 6870? I have been researching for a couple hours now and I cant seem to find an intel video card that can be supported on this mobo.

Ideally I would want 3xintel video cards (6xdvi ports), if not AMD. Last option is to use a dvi splitter.

Comment

since the AMD 5000 series (as far as I remember) they support 6 screen eyefinity. The catch is to find a card with 6 outputs.

You won't find any single card with more then 2 DVI (and also HDMI) due to the way the signal works (there are 1-2 exception with modified card). However the "Active DisplayPort to DVI adapters" are pretty cheap, around 20usd/15euro). Its just a small cable you hang behind the comp, so you wont notice them and can use regular DVI monitors.

If you want a single card, the ASUS DC II series has 2 dvi and 4 display port right out of the box (around 250 euro for the 6950 +60euro adapters). If you want a 2 card crossfire setup you got many more options with 2dvi and 1 displayport (with adapter) on each card.

For normal workload (Web and gfx development) my 1GB card does fine (you can see my full specs in signature), but there are times I'd wish it had 2GB ram.

For more info you could google a term like "6 screen eyefinity setup", and you'll find lots of hits, both reviews, setups and videos.

I've only had AMD cards for a long time, so not fully into the Nvidia and how well it supports multiscreen setups... I'm sure one of the "hardcore ppl" here will chime in on that soon :)

example on the adapter:
        My advice - never visit a short-url, no matter who gives it to you. You can't trust any source at any time when you don't know your target
        Whitey:Snuggles: Zotac Zbox HD-ID40 (Atom d525, worst purchase ever on cpu), Patriot Pyro 60GB (Thanks to Tweaktown Giveaway), 4GB 800' DDR2 SO-DIMM
        Bcube (NAS): ASUS F1A75-I Deluxe, AMD A6-3500 @ 2.1GHz, LSI 9240-8i (M1015) controller, GSkill Ares 1866 8GB blue kit, 4x Seagate SV35.5 2TB, 1x Seagate Barracuda 1.5TB, 1x Samsung HD103UJ, 1x Samsung F4 2TB, Temp. Rebel9 Alu case, Corsair H60, 2x Icy Dock MB973SP-B, NZXT UI01, Enermax T.B. Silence on docks and cpu, Aurum 500W gold PSU. (Draws 65W average, doesn't peak above 100W at any time)

Comment

then again thinking about it all, if you already have the 3 nvidia cards around you tried to add .. I'm sure they got a displayport each, so actually you prolly would only need 2 adapters for very little money to get the result you'd like.. with 2 cards and a lower power bill :)

Comment

ahh okay thank you so much really appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
            X