Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Overclocking a Radeon 9000 (250M/400 version) NEED HELP!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overclocking a Radeon 9000 (250M/400 version) NEED HELP!!

Hello all!
    Well this is a first time post for me here so Im hopin to get some help ;) Anyways, I just got my Radeon 9000 and got hosed big time. The company I ordered it from said it was a 9000 Pro and I actually got the 9000 w/the slower mem/ddr settings. That didnt really bother my since I figured hey! Lets just o/c it. Well tough luck there. I dont know if its something Im doing or something with the program/card Im using. I can o/c the memory just fine. In fact I have that up to a much better 470Mhz (using 235 DDR) from the stock 400Mhz without a hitch, but using powerstrip EVERY time I change the core speed past 250MHz it just defaults back down to 250MHz when I click on OK. All I want is 25MHz more to reach the 275MHz core the Pro has. If any one knows whats going on or can link me to another o/c util (cuz I sure as heck cant find one) for the 9000 series Radeons Id really appreciate it. Thanks so much!!
    Lates
    Ron Jon

First of all, if you got ripped by the vendor, don't take it. Demand that they ship the correct part. Raise hell! While I haven't played with any of the new Radeons yet and can't really help, I would mention that Ati may be sorting chips by tested speed. The stock speed may be all that it can handle and the card builder has locked the speed to cut down on tech support. Who built the card?

Comment

I know powercolor makes a R9000 with those clocks - it could be one of those.

With any 3rd party Radeon card - I wouldn't count on the term "pro" meaning anything - get the actual model number and look it up on the website.

Comment

my ati radeon 9000 pro 128mb is running at 315 mem / 330 core
        really stable
        I have 2.4b p4 oc to 3.0ghz and get 9800 on 3dmark score.
        Use rage3d overclocker - sweet program and free.

Comment

I had trouble with power strip too,but rage3d tweak worked just fine.

you can find it at www.majorgeeks.com

Comment

Re: Overclocking a Radeon 9000 (250M/400 version) NEED HELP!!

I have an old Radeon 9000, and I'm looking into overclocking it. I want to do some research first.

Has anyone tried flashing the 9000 with a 9000 Pro BIOS, or a 9100 BIOS? Is this possible/feasible?

I know the major overclocking programs out there, but which ones would you recommend for one of these older DirectX 8 cards?

Thanks!

Comment

Enderandrew this topic was posted back in 2002...

Comment

Before creating new topics, I try to search for existing topics. I think it's only polite.

Either way, my questions remain. I know the Radeon 9000 isn't the newest card. However, even when I build my next system in the spring, I'm still planning on keeping this desktop. It's going to be my girlfriend's new desktop. And we want to be able to play some old LAN games on it.

Does anyone have any info on overclocking the 9000?

Comment

ATI Tool. See www.ocfaq.com (it will redirect you to another site, which is fine).

Comment

Thanks.

Do you know if the 9000's can be flashed with a 9000 Pro BIOS, or a 9100 BIOS?

Comment

I have a Radeon 9000PRO All-in-Wonder. Personally I find Radclocker the best overclocking utility for Radeons. My card ran 275/540 stock and I easily clocked it to 300/575 with the stock hsf. Now the AIW 9000PRO is a little different from the regular 9000PROs, the core is a bit different and I think it uses better memory becuase even at stock speeds it can render much faster and better than a non-AIW 9000PRO.

Comment

Thanks. I'll try it tonight.

I've got a REALLY weird error right now where explorer.exe won't load. So I'm doing a repair install of XP at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                        X