Best Value in a Video Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Value in a Video Card

Which current video card offers the best value for the money?

My choice is the GeForce4 Ti4200.
    GeForce4 Ti 4600
    0%
    GeForce4 Ti 4400
    0%
    GeForce4 Ti 4200
    0%
    Any Other GeForce4 Card
    0%
    Any Geforce3 Card
    0%
    Any Geforce2 Card
    0%
    ATI 9700 Pro
    0%
    ATI 9000 Pro
    0%
    Any ATI 8500 Card
    0%
    Any ATI 7500 Card
    0%
    All Other Cards
    0%

While the Ti4600 is a very sweet card, the price leaves something to be desired. I'll stick with my little Ti4200 and overclock it to nearly the same levels as the Ti4600... for about half the cost.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

The Ti4200 gets my vote - I got mine to do 300/600 :bounce:
      Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
      Managing Director
      Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

GF3 Ti200 forever!!! :bounce: :bounce:

If you can get them for cheap, they are dam good value :)

Comment

What's the lowest you can get them for currently?

Comment

Originally posted by Darthtanion
            While the Ti4600 is a very sweet card, the price leaves something to be desired. I'll stick with my little Ti4200 and overclock it to nearly the same levels as the Ti4600... for about half the cost.

I have to agree with Darthaninon on this one. I wiil just stick with my Abit Siluro GeForce 4 Ti 4200 and overclock it until the prices get better on the GeForce 4 Ti 4600's As far as the best place to get one ...I think that www.newegg.com for the US....as far as overseas...I don't have a clue! Anyone got a good store to buy GeForce 4 Ti 4200's overseas?????
            Here are my specs:
            System Specs: ATX generic case with Antec 550 watt power supply. ASUS A7N8X Deluxe Motherboard. Western Digital 7,200 RPM 40 gig IDE Hard Drive.(NTFS- file system) AMD Athlon XP 2600 processor.(standard fan and heatsink-Thoroughbred Core-standard speed-NO OVERCLOCK) 1 gig of Samsung DDRAM(PC 2700- 333 mhz....2-512mb sticks running in dual channel mode).Ati Radeon 8x 9600 XT (8x is enabled on motherboard). Soundblaster Audigy 2 sound card. Motorola sb 5100 cable modem (Insight Communications-Cable Connection) BenQ 16x DVD- RECORDER.(records -R/-RW or +R/+RW and CD-R formats) LG 52x32x52 CD Burner. Zip 100 internal drive and a generic 3.5 floppy drive. Windows XP Professional Operating System. I also have a HP Deskjet 3520 inkjet printer and a KDS X Flat 17 inch CRT monitor.

Comment

I have been patting myself on the back ever since I got a Ti 4200. It replaced a GeForce 2 400 & what a diffeence. Overclocks almost to Ti4600 speed for less than half price.

Comment

If you live in the US...Ti4600 for 240 bucks ...or less by now...SWEET!

But then again you can grab a TI4200 and overclock the crap out of it like PeTeR over there.
                - Damien

Comment

If prices on the Ti4600 come down any more, I would switch my vote.

Comment

I threw my vote to the GF3. Since most people probably will never fully tax it to its limit... at least not before another couple card releases.
                    Have you hugged a Midget today?

Comment

I saw an article about 6mo. ago that rated video cards on strictly a fps per dollar basis. at the time the Radeon8500LE came out on top - but a lot can change in 6mo.

Comment

Working...
                      X