ati9000 or gf4 ti4200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ati9000 or gf4 ti4200

i was wondering if whitch card is better the radeon 9000 128mb or the gf4 ti4200 128mb.:bounce: :bounce:
    **LAPTOP**
    Core 2 Duo "Memron" T7500 (2.2ghz)
    Intel Crestline GL960/GM965/PM965
    4096mb DDR2-667 5-5-5-12
    NVIDIA Quadro FX 570M (512 MB)

Try the Ati 9700 / 9700 Pro.. ;)

Comment

We got any retail prices on these yet?

Comment

looks like the 9700 pro will be out early september and retail for around 399, however i found one on pricewatch for about 360

:shoot3: :snip:

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix
          looks like the 9700 pro will be out early september and retail for around 399, however i found one on pricewatch for about 360

:shoot3: :snip:
          if the ATi-made 9700Pro's are $399 - the 3rd party boards like Saphire and Powercolor should be considerably cheaper.

Comment

Good news. What's the quality been in the past for the other board makers?

Comment

I've heard good things about Saphire - although I've never had one. I have owned a few Powercolor products - including the GF4 I have right now....they seem stable enough and have a decent overclock - you have to watch carefully which model you get though since both of these mfg's tend to offer a range of products with different clock speeds
              PC had at least 4 different R8500 models ranging form 230/183 clocks up to 300/300.

there's always Guillemot too - but I don't know what their pricing is like

Comment

Are the Powercolor products similarly named or are they easy to tell apart (clock rate) from their names?

Comment

form the full designation used by Powercolor - yes you can tell which model it is - the problem is getting the online resellers to use the designation & not just list it like every other Radeon.

i've seen a lot of cases where Powercolor or Saphire cards were just listed as "ATi" for the mfg.

it would be like Asus, Leadtech & eVGA just listed as "nVidia"

Comment

So a little detective work may be necessary.

Comment

Yes as a lot of places only advertise by the chip on the board and not the actual brand. :(
                      <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Is it done knowing people will make errors thinking they are getting a good deal & be surprised when the card is not what they thought it was?

Or are they just lazy & don't want to take the time to input enough information?

Or do they just not have a clue?

Comment

Working...
                        X