128mb Vs 64mb Ti4200??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 128mb Vs 64mb Ti4200??

Was just wondering what is the best way to go with a new vidio card. I'm not a hardcore gamer, but still wnat a card that is going to last a decent while before an upgrade is needed. Should I go for 128 or 64 mb on a GF4 4200?

In most cases the 64mb version has faster RAM but some games now are coming out with 128mb special fetures.
    The SUMA SE 128MB card has 3.3ns RAM so it's the same speed as the SUMA SE 64MB, the problem is you pay more.

Comment

Also bigger and badder games will perfer the 128MB cards over the 64MB. Check this 4way card comparison...one of the card is a 64MB and the others are obviously 128MB...check how it performs...Here is the Article----->TT ARTICLE (4200 4WAY Comparison
      - Damien

Comment

I just got the Visiontek GF4 Ti4200 w/128. I would have to say when it comes to computers, the more, the faster, the better. More hard drive space, more memory, faster process or, faster memory. But that's just me.

Comment

I would have to say when it comes to computers, the more, the faster, the better. More hard drive space, more memory, faster process or, faster memory. But that's just me.
          Ahhh... that contradicts it's self, as i said in most cases the 64mb versions have faster RAM, what do you go for? speed or size?

Comment

I'm gettin' a WinFast A250 LE TD - MyVIVO which retails around $430aus atm but the local computer markets had them from $345aus to $360aus last Sunday. :D
            <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Originally posted by SegiY

Ahhh... that contradicts it's self, as i said in most cases the 64mb versions have faster RAM, what do you go for? speed or size?
              Well, the specs for these cards call for the same memory. In fact, doesn't Visiontek make the reference boards for Nvidia? It's nice that some manufacturers use RAM that is be faster. But it's all clocked at the same speed. Now if you get into overclocking, that's where those faster chips may come into play. We can't really get into it without actually looking at the memory chips and comparing them, but I'm too tired for that.

Later

Comment

Thats you local markets are they?
                There not on the net?
                Because i'm looking for a Ti4200 at the moment.

Comment

I say get the 128 meg card for one reason only.......bragging rights

Comment

I once bought Radeon SDR 64Mb becouse I belived it was 64Mb you needed and not a byte less. Well, that card is now way past its prime and probably never got to show its true potential becouse as we all know ... its hard to even now find stuff that really need 64Mb - I am talking about stuff that need 64Mb not about stuff that can utilize it.
                    Hope this is not the case with 128Mb cards now.

Just something to think about.

Cheers!

Andy

Ps. Yup, I bought 64Mb Geforce4 Ti4200 not so long ago.

Comment

Originally posted by [size=6
                      SegiY[/size]]
                      Thats you local markets are they?
                      There not on the net?
                      Because i'm looking for a Ti4200 at the moment.
                      No it's just a local one where several good vendors get too every Sunday. ;)
                      <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

:) To leave yourself the most room (so you are not upgrading as quickly), the 128 mb makes more sense. In reality, I always upgrade well before I "hit the wall" anyway.

Comment

Working...
                        X