Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leadtek Geforce Ti4200

http://www.leadtek.com/graphics/a250le/a250le.htm

what do you guys think of this card ? are leadtek good cards ?
    SPAM Special Ops

Check out the new 4-Way Ti4200 Shootout that just posted to TweakTown. It may give you some insight as to what is good and what sucks. :)
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

thanx....:thumb:
      SPAM Special Ops

Comment

I bought the 64 MB version of this card (they got 128 MB as well) and I'm very happy with it (even if it is quite heavy due to the huge heatsink :)

The review mentions there was no DVI => VGA gizmo, but I did get it with mine. Best thing would be to ask before you buy.

The VIVO part is very impressive, basically it lets you use the PC as a hard drive recorder or dump video tapes to HD. However, what dictates the format/codec you'd be able to you effectively (I mean decent res and full frame rate) is you CPU horse-power.

There is some guides at www.vcdhelp.com

If you are planning to use mutli-monitor bit, unless you got 2000/XP running, you won't be able to use span modes, only clone (that's what the manuals recons, I haven't tried it yet).

As far as performance goes, I only got an Slot A Athlon 770 but all games I tried ran pretty well at 1024x768x32 with AA and Aniscopic filter (unlike MX400 there are a few levels of that). WHat I mean pretty well is FPS of around 60-85 (maybe more but I always got v-sync on). Only time I noticed a drop (to around 30-50) was in QUake 3 when LOTS of gibs etc are flying around, but then again that it a CPU issue.

The main reason why I got this card was UT2003, but that's been pushed back until end of September (according to official oz distro site). However, the demo/test should be out by the end of this month.

Comment

I'll enjoy seeing the official demo when it comes out. Probably be a 100+ MB download, but that's OK too. :)

Though not mentioned in the shootout, the X-Micro board that I use (64MB version) overclocks to 310/610 with stock cooling. ;)
          Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
          My Toys

Comment

I've got the Leadtek WinFast A250 LE TD - MyVIVO Edition planned for myself very soon. ;)
            <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Yeah i was pretty impressed with the Leadtek card

Overclocking of the 64MB card wasn't as great as other 64MB cards (due to the use of 4ns ram over 3.8 or 3.6ns)

But a card is a card.

Comment

Thanx guys, my friend at work will be picking one up tonight. He asked me if I knew if it was good or not, so I asked you guys...YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME !:thumb:
                SPAM Special Ops

Comment

Working...
                X