No announcement yet.

Home made ramsinks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well thats all that matters :D, just to add, spraypaint probably would affect heat transfer but to an extremely minimal effect, i think the volcano 7 is painted blue and its pretty decent

Comment

Actually the Volcano7, and others like it, are anodized frinishes and not the result of paint. But I would be interested to see what happens though with the paint. :?:
      <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

MMM i think i don't want to now what happens with the paint!!!
        The ramsinks aren't hot to touch so i think the paint won't melt or anything. I hope!

Comment

Or hold heat in. :eek:

Comment

So you mean that the chips will heat more up?

Comment

If you were really good then you could electroplate the ramsinks, now that would be a good mod :D, and also you d have it finished properly like the volcano 7

Comment

They just maybe prevented from releasing the heat as fast as they could. ;)
                <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Gold plating would be awesome.

Comment

where I work - I have to have parts anodized/plated all the time - for various reasons...although not gold plated

electroless Nickel plating looks beautiful - shiny & durable, around .0004" thick - chrome plating is much thicker & peels off more easily. Nickel is a little expensive though.

Anodizing is nice because you can get about any color you want red, green, blue, black - but it scratches off fairly easily. It's dirt cheap too - I get parts around the size of a CPU heat sink done for $2 - $4cdn depending on the quantities I get done.

Either on these would be preferable to spray paint I think - although the difference may not be enough to worry about

Comment

A nickel plating also stops copper 'sinks from corroding, aswell as looking pretty :D

Comment

Nickel is tough and corrodes very slowly - sounds like a great idea RDR!
                        The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Working...
                        X