Which card is best for me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which card is best for me?

This card is for "older system" with P3 700Mhz, 256Mb pc-100 ram with 100Mhz bus and 2x agp slot.

Should I go with?

1. Hercules (or other) Radeon 8500LE 64Mb
    2. Inno3D Tornado (or other) Geforce4 TI4200 64Mt DVI TV-out
    3. Gainwar (or other)d Geforce3 Powerpack Ti200/500 128 etc...

The difference in price is about 60 euros for me. And I am aiming to go under 200 euros (as some Gf4 TI4200 do)

Thanks for all input!

Andy:cheers:

:) I'd go with the Ti 4200 - some of the prices I've seen are under $130 USD. You'll be able to "game" for a while with it.

:cool:

Comment

The TI4200 starts from about 199 euros here in Finland (euro about same as us dollar) and Radeon 8500LE's go around 130 ..

I was, however also thinking of getting Gf4 Ti4200 first but I am just not sure if its best for this system. What I mean is that if Radeon 8500 gives about same performance in my system why pay more right? Or am I wrong here?

I've got the impression that Gf4's need some serious processor power to perform great.

Please correct me if I am wrong here.

Andy

Comment

:) With that much of a difference in price, I'd consider the 8500LE. You can check performance by processor type at Mad Onion's 3D Mark2001 SE Scores.

Comment

Andy72, you may also want to concider a 64mb Geforce ti200 aswell....becuase:

- At least you'll know your not being bottlenecked by the CPU.

-They can be found for incredibly cheap prices now.

-And they are garrentied excellant overclockers.

That's just something to keep in mind when making your decision. : peace2:

Comment

Well I went and bought MSI G4 Ti4200 64Mb.

Seems to work ok in my pc. I only have agpx2 slot so I might lose some performance.

I ran 3DMark2001 SE build 330 with the default settings - right out of the box to speak to get some kind of feeling where I stand now.

3Dmark gave me 5789 points which I think are great for my Pentium 3 class.

Needless to say I am happy.

Drinks on me guys! :cheers: : party ha

Andy

Comment

Working...
            X