MSI 5670 just bought need help before i rma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSI 5670 just bought need help before i rma

I just bought an msi atl hd 5670 put it in and the computer sounds like its rebooting like during post. After about 10 seconds it boots up and seems like it works fine 60+ Fps in wow and other games.. what can i do to stop that. or is it supposed to do that its pci express x16 2.1 . (ive got the latest bios and drivers for the card).

Thanks

Re: MSI 5670 just bought need help before i rma

A wee bit more information might produce more informed answers to your query. A complete list of your other hardware would probably help.

A few questions come to mind. Did you have a PCI Express card in the thing before? Have you set the bios to boot with the PCI Express card? How powerful is your power supply unit ... does it meet or exceed the requirements for your system?
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

Re: MSI 5670 just bought need help before i rma

Sorry yes to all those my power supply is brand new 600w i had a pci express card in there before an x1650 ati and it boots fine. i just recently put a sata harddrive into the computer and that card within days. could it be they are both drawing too much power form the 600 w power supply?. the video card requires a 400w power supply and i forget what the hardrive does since i got it as a bare drive.

Comment

Working...
      X