No announcement yet.

Radeon 7500 or 8500?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you are going to get an 8500Le - you might want to do it fairly soon - it's supposed to be discontinued in favour of the 9000/9000Pro.
    Alhough with in 3mos. the price will probably be the same anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiggo
      Not only does the exchange rate and it's charges kill us but the added cost of freight to here and other bull**** charges just makes it that way. :cry:
      <center>:cheers:</center>
      heh, after you put in the exchange rate factor (say i want a GF ti200 for $90USD), thats about $165aud ($110 cheaper than it is here). Then you add in shipping charges (internation), freight (international), and insurance, as well as the risk of ordering internationally, and the fact that you have to ship back if anything is wrong, and that there are so many more ways your order can get messed up, its much easier to pay the lot extra and buy domestically.

Comment

Originally posted by RDR
        If you are going to get an 8500Le - you might want to do it fairly soon - it's supposed to be discontinued in favour of the 9000/9000Pro.
        Alhough with in 3mos. the price will probably be the same anyway.
        Discontinued, but it will still be sold. I think the 8500LE is probably a more powerful card than the 9000, and shops will still be selling it for a couple of years, hell its still easy to buy TNT2's, SiS 305's and GeForce 2's here

Comment

Ooooh. Amazon.com has the AIW 7500 Retail for 118.00 with free shipping (for us in the States...)

Is it just me or is that a good deal on the card? (if you need the All in Wonder functionality)

~Bugman

Comment

That sounds pretty good to me Bugman. :thumb:

Comment

I think thats about the same as a mid-high range GeForce 3 Ti200 am i correct? the Ti200 would be faster for games, but the 7500 will give you a bit of extra 2D goodness as well as better DVD playback and as you mentioned all the all in wonder goodies, so i would get it

Comment

Why don't you just get a GeForce4 Ti 4200? It beats the 8500. :bounce2:

Comment

that's what i was about to say:p

Comment

Read the original post guys. :(

Comment

Wiggo - I did read it. I don't see why he can't run a Ti4200 at 1x or 2x AGP until he upgrades.

Comment

With older PC's the PSU's in a lot of cases, if not the motherboards, won't handle the extra power requirements. I wind up with a lot of PC's here because of that very factor. Another thing is whether the AGP slot is a universal one or a strict coded one. Sometimes a better PSU is installed but other times the vid card just has to be changed for something that works in it. :smokin:

Comment

Hey Folks.

Well, I ended up with an 8500le from www.newegg.com.
                          Its Built By ATI, and clocked at 250.

So now, my only question is how do I flash this thing with a retail bios to increase the clock speed?

~Bugman

: party ha

Comment

Most of what your lookin' for can be found here, http://www.rage3d.com/ , but you may need to do some voltage moddin' which can be done with a pencil though I havn't got the link for that atm. ;)

Comment

Working...
                            X