Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best card with TV out for Gigabyte GA-6VXE+

Hi guys,

was after some advice. I have an old pentium III 600 with GA-6VXE+ mobo and a TNT2 Riva 16MB video card. I bought a nvidia geforce 2 mx card and installed it but had problems with little coloured dots and computer freezes with it...I've therefore gone back to the old TNT2. I was wanting to get a card with TV out without changing my computer. What is the best card I should get (performance, compatability and price) for this configuration. I'm not sure whether this motherboard supports AGP2X or only AGP1X. Would the voodoo cards be any good. Does anybody have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Gronkfeatures

Ok just a few questions first up.
    Is this a name brand PC?
    What operating system are ya using?
    What VIA 4in1 drivers are you using?
    What version of video drivers were ya using for the old card?
    Your motherboard is capable of both AGP 1x and 2x but no higher. :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Whoa Wiggo,
      mate you have yourself quite a few posts...I am running windows XP on a clone PC with most recent VIA drivers, and Nvidia detonator drivers. How do I change AGP setting in bios from 1X to 2X...I'm not given this option, only aperture setting??

Comment

Did ya make sure that the AGP GART driver in the 4in1's installed in "Turbo" mode as it sounds like they only loaded in "Normal" mode. :smokin:

Comment

Hmmm...yes I think so...problem is, I've now gotten rid of the geforce and am after something cheap and with TV-out??

Comment

I think that ya got rid of it.
            What brand was it? :?:

Comment

It was a Pixelview...got it because it had received good reviews and was said to be quite good as far as overclocking potential goes.

Comment

Yeah that should have been ok, especially if AGP 2x was enabled, though the freezing bit could have been caused by this. :smokin:

Comment

Thanks for your replies Wiggo...I was having the same problem running both XP and win2000...I eventually decided that it must have been a hardware issue (motherboard). What card would yuo recommend I purchase (secondhand) which has TV out and will work fine on this board...Voodoo do yo uthink??

Comment

I've never used a Voodoo so I couldn't say how good one was but ya could see if ya can find a TV out version of what ya have as they're cheap enough. :smokin:

Comment

thanks for your advice Wiggo

Comment

Hi again Wiggo,

Have found a Diamond Viper V550 AGP 16MB with TV-out on ebay...do you have any experience of these cards and whether it'd be compatible on my M/B?? I can get it reasonably cheaply and so am thinking that maybe it would be a good option for me??

Comment

Yes that card is quite ok and if ya find a 32MB TNT2 w/ TV out would be even better again. ;)

Comment

Working...
                          X