Need help Reviving a tortured GF2MX400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help Reviving a tortured GF2MX400

My Visiontek(I know, I got at Best Buy open box, stupid me) GF2MX40064MB is sorta dead. I started out o/c'ing it and it didn't wanna do sh!t. So i put on a Blue Orb and Ramsinks using themal tape(Stupid me again). When testing my overclock, it started getting some visual anomalies, then crashed. Then it refused to start up again. I eventually got it running on another comp, but it occasinally gets blue vertical lines over the screen when playing games, and sometimes gets a glitch where it locks w/ black screen except for a blue/green zig-zag line across the top. Then when u start it up, it has vertical lines that are all discolored from the rest. and it locks up at any res but 640x480. I fixed it a few times, but it finally refused to fix. so i took off the cooling ****, wiped off arctic silver which had been loose on the board on the RAM chips(and possibly getting on the ram pins) and removed the cooling, then reapplied with some Arctic Alumina Epoxy. However, now it first had extreme visual distortion, then later had random colors in a plaid pattern all over the screen. Couldn't tell wtf was supposed to be on there. Well, i hate to waste all that **** AND have to use a backup video card till i buy a new one, so i'm wondering if there's any ways to revive it at all...
    *whew*
    yes, i know i'm screwed, but still, couldn't hurt to ask

A lot of the gamers out there use Intel based systems...

:shoot3:

Comment

Sounds like ya got somebody else's return. Arctic Silver is also conductive and if there's the slightest bit of that in the wrong place could cause those probs to. :smokin:
      <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

if u use a sony CDRW, ur definately a n00b... hehe... :snip:
        oh, and a CELERY?????? omg POS. anyway...
        Are there any ways to clean off artic silver that's buried underneath pins? That **** just doesn't like to come off... That's why i used Arctic Alumina this time.

Comment

Rubbing alcohol or if ya really care nail polish remover. ;)

Comment

lol AMD_Assassin it's good that you support AMD but it;s also not nice to insult fellow Tweaktown users :rolleyes:

Comment

well, when he posts a reply that only says:
              A lot of the gamers out there use Intel based systems...
              I am inclined to not appreciate it.
              But dude, is the plaid pattern on the screen indicating complete deadness? And the prob w/ nail polish remover is it's acetone + other ****. It's not always good. If i could find some straight acetone solution, i would use it. And i'm not sure where the arctic silver is on traces(if that's the problem).

Comment

The thing i replied to was:
                "1337 gamers use AMD n00bs use Intel"

I agree with chisholm, it is NOT nice to insult other members of this excellent forum. I did NOTHING wrong when i said that many gamers out there use intelbased systems to.
                Just as many of my friends use amd, just their choise...
                I do NOT like your tone and as soon as i've got my new rig upp n running I'm going to enjoy crushing you in every single benchmark and send ya cryin' home to ya mom...
                Not that my old Celeron could'nt manage that though, 8300+.
                Starting to complain about my hardware and stuff, what's that **** man... Wonder what you score...

;) :laugh: ;)

Dammit, is it really so hard to be nice to one another...?? :mad:

Comment

Woah, go The__tweaker! Nice smack-down man :thumb:

Comment

:confused: If you cross an amd and an intel, what do you get?:cool:

Comment

What do i get?

Comment

So u wasted the time to reply to my signature?
                        And gbtw, my system costs less than half urs and performs about 5-10% less. Pretty sad. smack-down my ass. now if anyone has an actual REPLY, i'd be glad to hear it.
                        kthnx.

[EDIT] I took a few bits out as you might have noticed as I think it warranted so lets be nice about this.
                        Wiggo

Comment

Now come on ppl lets be nice or I'll get nasty. Lets just forget this happened and concentrate on the thread and not the sig that I removed. : peace2:
                          AMD_Assassin put ya self together another sig but nothin' offensive to other members please. ;)
                          <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

I wish I could give you the help you need, but unless cleaning the conductive goop on the card works, you may just have fried it beyond fixing.

Comment

I think so to, get yourself out and buy a new one...

:)

Comment

Working...
                              X