VisionTek GF4 4400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VisionTek GF4 4400

well i got this card and so far it runs on my Asus P3V4X. I feel that thease cards are of poor quality as the 1st one i got had about 3 chips fall off it, found them in the box. Got it replaced and seems to run ok. Every so often i get windows Error program has preformed an illigal operation and so on stack dump and that is about it. Does any one know what could be happening here i have Windows 98se, latest via 4in1's p3 1ghz, GF4 4400... Any one thx

Soz I can't comment as I've never used that particular brand before. :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Well i instelled the Via 4in1's in Turbo mode im like what the hell it froze up TNT2 in windows after about 2min of doing anything well this videocard works great with everthing on and AGP 4x
      AGP Revision : 2.0 / Enabled
      (Status) (Command)
      Data Rate : 1x 2x 4x / 4x
      Fast Write : Supported / Enabled
      4GB Addressing : Not Supported / Disabled
      Side Band Addr.: Supported / Enabled
      Aperture Size : 128 MB

I read ppl having problems with this card on higher end systems and i can believe that my older system works with all the features that are with this card... o and this proves ASUS tech support wrong saying it will not run and if it will max 2x agp :thumb:

im still working on the random errors i sometimes get o well any ideas??:rolleyes2

Comment

Originally posted by Maxpowers

im still working on the random errors i sometimes get o well any ideas??:rolleyes2
        depending on what kind of video card youreplaced with the GF4 - a thorough registry cleaning might help - or even a fresh windows install.

Comment

Disable the side band addressing and that may help you out as this is one of the largest factors with instability. :smokin:
          <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

VIA Still having these errors are they

I haven't seen that for quite some time

but then again, been msged on ICQ lately with some poor people getting the VIA errors under Windows XP again, Hay VIA, new drivers that WORK PLEASE
            :cheers:

Comment

Well even with the sideband addressing enabled or disabled it makes no changes there is a slight performance decrease with it off though. The errors are going away some how... cleaned the registry and so on. But I noticed that this beast takes ALOT of Power the recommended 300W isn’t enough with 2cd 2hdd so I took one hard drive off line any good manufacturers of good say 400W powersuppies can be a bit more I live in Canada if any one cares so getting stuff from the US isn't a problem but from say Australia would. Thx for input

Comment

Originally posted by RDR

depending on what kind of video card youreplaced with the GF4 - a thorough registry cleaning might help - or even a fresh windows install.

TNT2 Ultra went out for the GF4

Comment

O and another thing is it me or are the Videocards getting Bigger and Bigger soon it will be the size of thouse old old old videocards that were in the Pre pentium computers or around the pentium 1 age with professional cards id say about 40cm from end to end if not more :laugh:

Comment

Working...
                  X